~ 3 ~

"You... C-can see me?" My heart stopped in my chest. Well, if I had a heart. The sudden outburst by Luca had gotten the attention of the majority of the people at the funeral.

"B-But you're dead..." Luca trails off, getting quieter. His eyes were wide with fear and disbelief, but a hidden curiosity lurked behind them. He actually rubs his eyes.

"Oh, you noticed? How kind of you." I hiss, annoyed by his question. I really have no reason to be mad, I would have said the same thing, but I just felt angry. "Now I'm a ghost."

"Really? that's so cool!"  Luca reaches for my face but he passes through me. "You're like... a hologram!' He says. His mom, Heather, taps his shoulder to tell him to knock it off.

"She can't see me, Luca." I say grimly, looking off. The Autumn I used to be is no longer here, I'm just a replica. "Nobody can."

"Why can I see you then?' Asks the blonde boy, his innocence always brought a smile to my face.

"I don't know..." I smooth down my hair as I usually did when I was thinking. "It might be because you were the last person I saw before I died." i'd just became aware of how airy my voice sounded. I typically had a somewhat deep voice when I was alive, now I sound distant and hard to understand.

" I guess that could be it..." Luca trails off, shrugging lightly. "I'm just glad that I could... see you again. Give you a proper goodbye."

"Me too." But as I said it, I felt myself grow faint and distant. "I have to go. Goodbye, Luca." I choked back tears, slowly fading even more translucent. I thought this was the last time I'd see Luca ever again. But I was wrong.