50|| Redeemed by the Devil.

I've got high hopes

It takes me back to when we started

~High Hopes by Kodaline

¤¤¤¤¤¤

ROSALIND STARED UP AT the dark lord, her mouth agape in complete bewilderment. Vandalov chuckled darkly at the expression on her face, and her hate for him suddenly intensified.

"W-what do you mean 'I'm your daughter'?" She questioned, her voice shaky and her eyes wide with despair. Could this actually be possible?

"No.." Rosalind answered her inner question, her eyes staring at a certain spot on the marble tiles as she tried comprehending what she'd just heard. "No, no, no!"

She attempted to scurry back on the floor, which was deemed extremely difficult because of her tied hands and legs. She refused to believe this vile man was her father. Jewel. . how could she? What about her real father? Her memory of him was foggy but she still remembered him, and she could've sworn she'd attended his funeral.

Grindelwald laughed then, the sound dark and chilling to the core. "Instilled memories, my dear. Antonio Bonaccord never existed. It was all in your head."

"You're lying," she spoke bravely, but her voice betrayed her and the words came out as a pathetic jumble. She'd been so oblivious to everything, so ignorant.

The walls of the damned room seemed to be caving in on her, suffocating her until she struggled to breathe. She tried gripping her consciousness tightly, but her breathing was ragged and she was sure it's because of hyperventilation.

"Why would I?" Gellert tutted disappointedly, "I've waited seventeen years for this moment, Rosalind. Seventeen years for my daughter to finally join my side!"

"I'm. Not. Your Daughter." Rosalind spat through gritted teeth, her face scrunched in fury and disgust. Angry tears threatened to spill from her eyes, but she managed to hold them back. She would never go by his filthy name, she would never want people to look at her in fear upon hearing those cursed syllables.

"You have to understand, my dear. I needed an heir that would carry on my legacy, and your mother was the perfect mate. A descendant of Merlin, and a Seer as well!" He exclaimed, still towering over her crumpled body. Her limbs were starting to ache tremendously. "Power runs through your veins, Rosalind, and you need to know how to utilise that."

Rosalind tried desperately pulling at the invisible ropes binding her, but to no avail. He watched her in amusement as she struggled, but then his eyes abruptly widened. His face darkened and he grabbed her hand forcefully, almost hauling her up with the coercion.

She noticed he was staring at the ring on her finger, Marvolo's ring. "Where did you get that from?"

Rosalind looked him squarely in the eyes, her jaw clenched in resentment. "That's none of your business," she answered, acutely aware of his tight grip on her hand. He slapped her harshly, her head snapping to the side at the force. A scorching heat spread on her cheek, which surely turned a bright shade of red, and she fought to hold back her tears. She was his daughter, how could he slap her?

Zhelyazko tensed up, peering over Grindelwald's shoulder to glance at the ring on her finger, embedded with a single black stone.