Turkey Day

'Just one more mile, one more.' Christina thought to herself. She was running her tenth annual turkey trot, and this one was probably the worst she'd ever done. But there was a surprise at the finish line--one that quickened her pace and made her feet tingle. She had to finish as soon as she could. She didn't want to miss a minute.

Finally Christina made it to the finish. As she waited in the shoot, she glanced around. They were starting to gather around, the turkeys, that is, and a grin started to spread across Christina's face. They started to get their guns out, and the humans looked around in excitement. Everyone had been waiting for this for so long, and now it was finally here. All of these people had a deep love of turkeys and a great thirst for justice. Today was the day the world would see the truth.

Now was time for the start of a new run. The humans lined up, the turkeys lining the edge of the track, and the starting gun went off. Christina's grin was huge by now, and as she started running the loud pop of guns filled the air and the humans fell down in sync, their blood flowing down the road. The turkeys cheered and built up a fire to roast their kill.

_____

Written by Francis McGary