Chapter 7

Sylvie and Megan arrive at the 21st district. They walk up to the desk where Trudy is. 

'Hey, Trudy.' Sylvie smiles.

'Sylvie.' Trudy smiles back. 'What can I do for ya?' 

'Voight called me and told me to come with Megan.' Sylvie tells her.

'He told me to expect you.' Trudy nods. 'I'll take you two up.' Trudy walks from behind the desk. 'Follow me.' She leads the two up the stairs, into intelligence and to Voight's office. 'Hank,' Voight looks up from his desk, 'Sylvie Brett and Megan are here to see you.' 

'Thank you.' Voight nods. Trust lets Sylvie and Megan in before walking out and closing the door. 'Take a seat.' Sylvie and Megan sit in the chairs opposite him. 'Now, I was going to get your statement about everything that has happened so we can hear it first hand.' 

'Was?' Megan asks confused. 

'About an hour ago, we got word from NYPD S.W.A.T,' Voight starts, 'your parents invaded a house, thinking it was empty. It wasn't. There was a family of six there. They took the family hostage not knowing that one of them worked for NYPD and triggered an alarm. S.W.A.T entered the house and tried to end things peacefully but your parents opened fire.' 

'Let me guess, they were shot dead.' Megan finishes. 

'Yes.' Voight nods.

'Well,' Megan sighs as she stands up, 'they got what they deserved.' She sees that Sylvie and Voight are just staring at her. 'What? They killed people. Innocent people. People who didn't deserve to die like that.' She adds. 

'Do you need her to formally identify the bodies?' Sylvie asks.

'No.' Voight shakes his head. 'ID on their body confirmed that and their car was not far from the scene.' 

'Do you know if they were definitely linked to the other cases?' Megan queries.

'We found substantial evidence that they were.' Voight nods. 'So we won't be bothering you with this case anymore.' 

'Are we done here?' Megan asks.

'Yes.' Voight nods. 'I'll get Detective Dawson to take you back downstairs.' Sylvie and Voight also stand up and they walk out of the office. 'Dawson.' Antonio looks up at them. 'Can you take Sylvie and Megan downstairs please?' 

'Of course.' Antonio nods, stands up from his desk and Sylvie and Megan follow him down the stairs. He walks out of the district and up to Sylvie's car with them. Once they reach the car, Sylvie and Megan turn to face Antonio. 'Megan, I'm-' 

'Don't say you're sorry about my parents.' Megan shakes her head. 'They don't deserve that. They were dead to me the moment they left me to try and figure out all of this mess.' 

'What do you want us to do with their bodies? They're going to be flown back here.' Antonio asks her.

'Burn 'em, throw 'em into Lake Michigan. I don't care. Just don't involve me in this.' Megan responds before opening the passenger door, getting into the car and slamming the door. 

'She's just angry.' Sylvie tries to cover for Megan.

'Don't worry about it.' Antonio shakes his head. 'If my parents had done what her parents did, I would react the same way.'

'I guess you're right.' Sylvie sighs. 

'Listen, we haven't had a proper chance to talk since you told me you were pregnant.' Antonio states.

'I know and that's my fault.' Sylvie replies. 'I've been focussing on Megan and getting her settled in and everything.'

'That's understandable.' Antonio nods. 'I was just wondering if you'd like to meet up for dinner sometime to talk it over?' He asks.

'Of course.' Sylvie nods. 'How about tomorrow? 8pm. Cruz will be off shift so I won't be leaving Megan alone.' 

'Great.' Antonio smiles. 'I'll see you then.' They both awkwardly hug before Antonio walks back into the district and Sylvie gets into the car. When she does, she sees that Megan is grinning at her. 

'What?' Sylvie asks.

'Why didn't you two just kiss?' Megan questions.

'We're not even dating, Meg.' Sylvie laughs.

'Please.' Megan scoffs. 'There's so much sexual tension between you too.'

'We've dated before-' Sylvie starts.

'I gathered that.' Megan laughs.

'And he has two kids already and an ex-wife who hates my guts.' 

'So?' Megan raises an eyebrow. 'Do you love him?' 

'Meg-' Sylvie attempts to change the subject.

'Do you love him?' Megan asks once more.

'I guess.' Sylvie replies quietly.

'Then what's stopping you?' Megan asks. 'If you love someone, you just have to go for it. Life is too short.' 

'When did you get so wise?' Sylvie laughs as she starts up the car. 'You should be a life coach or something.' 

'Yeah, well when you've through as much therapy as I have, you get to learn their techniques.' Megan responds. 

'Speaking of therapy, do you want to speak to someone about what you've just been told?' Sylvie asks her cousin.

'No.' Megan shakes her head. 'I'd rather not talk about it.' 

'Okay.' Sylvie nods. 'Just know that I'm here for you. Always.' 

~~~~

Bit of a short one but better than nothing!

Let me know what you think!

Much love