Insomnia

"Just learn from it and grow stronger." Someone with a somewhat deep voice said from behind.

I turn around to see a boy around my age with Carmel skin, light brown eyes, a fade that runs into his curly hair. He has a muscular built so he's definitely an athlete and he's a brace-face. Overall he was attractive.

"Easier said than done." Junior said as he got up and dusted himself off.

"That's why actions speak louder than words bubba." I say as I direct me attention back to him.

"I agree. Hey so I came over to ask if you wanted to play 1-on-1?" The boy asked me.

"Um yea su-" I got cutoff

"No we were just leaving we still need to do some stuff at home and you start school tomorrow." Dad said with a displeased look on his face.

"The enrollment forms are already done?" I asked. I could tell (F/N) was a little surprised as well.

"Yes so let's go. Y'all need to pack your school bag and I need to go grocery shopping" dad said as he packed up our practice gear.

"Well..." I turned around to face the boy. "Cya around then, maybe we can play next time." I said to him before Junior came and drag me away.

- Time Skip -

We all walked into the house and went our separate ways. I head towards my room to collect my thoughts. It was currently 10 o'clock at night but I was restless. Soon midnight hit and I still couldn't sleep so I got up. I slipped my smartwatch so that I could keep track of time. The alarm wasn't set so I decided to go outside and sat in the driveway thinking about random things that would cross my mind especially my past.

The air around me was cool and crisp, and the night life around me sounded like music to my ears.

It was peaceful.

That was until I heard foot steps coming from my right. I reacted fairly quick by standing up and going to the darkest part of my drive so they wouldn't notice me since I had changed in so black pjs. The foot steps grew louder and it made me anxious my breathing almost quickened but I managed to calm myself down. The person was jogging by my house when they stopped in front of the driveway to catch their breathe. I stood there frozen, not out of fear but I just didn't want them to notice me. I looked at the person closely and noticed it was the boy from earlier. I wanted to say hi but I refused to do so, I thought that would be weird or creepy to him. I started to make my way towards the door then I kicked a rock. It rolled and made noise as it came into contact with the concrete.

He stood up straight and started looking for the source of the noise. "Who's there?" He said in loud but not much of a yelling tone.

I had a choice I could either make a run for it our revealed myself. I was contemplating on what I should do until he spoke again.

"I said, who's there? I won't ask again so nicely." He said with annoyance in his voice.

I walked out the shadows and revealed myself to him scratching my head and looking down. A few of my box braids fell in front of my face. "Please don't be so loud." I said in a low voice as I looked up a little bit to face him.

"Are you fan that's stalking me?" He asked unamused.

"No I'm not even sure of who you are so don't flatter yourself and you're in front of my house. I was out here then I heard foot steps so I hid." I said explaining myself.

"Mmhm okay. Wait your that girl from the court earlier." He said in realization.

"Yup that's me." I said looking at my house shoes as if they were interesting to avoid eye contact. I heard his foot steps come closer to me but I kept my eyes towards the ground.

Mikey's POV

I walked up to her because she was avoiding eye contact with me. When I was within reach of her I grabbed her chin gently with my index finger and thump to make her look at me. We made eye contact for a split second but she shifted her gaze.

"It's rude to avoid eye contact with someone you're talking to." I said trying to make her feel guilty and to make her gaze fall upon me again.

She moved my hand away from her face. "Yeah I'm aware and please refrain from touching me..." she said as she looked at her smartwatch. "It's late I have school later on in the day so uh good night." She said with an awkward smile as she backed away and walked into her house.

I stayed in place for a while before I started jogging back home. I realized that was our second encounter and I still didn't get her name. I'll just have to ask her when I see her again. Making a mental note of it.

- Time Skip -

(Y/N) POV

After going back inside and locking up, I went to my room to hit the hay. Next thing I knew someone jumped on me yelling wake up. I already know who it is was, Junior.

"Ugh get off me I'm up!" I said but it was muffled by my pillow.

"Well then hurry up we leave in 25." He said before he leaves my room.

I get up and stretch the. Went to the bathroom and took a quick 5 minute shower. I dried off and moisturized my skin before I got dressed. I wore some Nike pros shorts and a sports bra and I but black sweat pants on over my shorts and a (F/C) hoodie on over my sports bra that matched my (F/C) shorts. I grabbed my (F/C) Nike Free RN Flyknit and slipped them on and grabbed my gym bag that had extra clothes and my other track gear.

Track outfit

Track outfit

Shoes

The plum/ maroon color is going to be your fav color aka (F/C).

I did the rest of my morning routine because I like to feel clean and good.
Afterwards I walked out my room with my backpack and gym bag and checked on (F/N/N). I just walked in her room to see we had the same idea when it came to our outfits except hers was a nice red hoodie with gray sweatpants. We walked out her room together and head towards the kitchen and grab some breakfast. I'm not a big breakfast person so grabbed some yogurt and some snacks to eat throughout the school day like I usually do. I also grabbed me some Gatorade and my water bottle then I heard the car horn meaning, 'hurry up or your walking.' It was to early for that so we rushed outside and jumped in the car.

Word Count: 1194

A/N: Let me know if you want to add anything to the story and if you see any mistakes. Thanks for reading
~ Mel👾