五 coffee candy

(Y/N) could immediately tell oikawa was having a bad day when he came in wordlessly and slumped down by her. his legs were slightly trembling and she could faintly smell the sweat that was still drying on him, evidently from a long practice. she laced her hands through his chocolate brown hair, providing a soothing comfort for him. "hey tooru...not feeling so good?" she softly spoke in his ear.

"it's nothing. i'm just a little tired is all." oikawa mumbled, not even bothering to mask his weariness. (Y/N) simply sighed. "you can tell me about it, you know? i may not seem like it, but i'm a lot smarter than you think."

"it's volleyball. I'm just so tired of working my ass off every single day without getting better." he took ahold of (Y/N)'s hands, something he often did for comfort.

"tooru...you're already so incredible. the game i saw the other day- that was amazing. please don't overwork yourself, and if it means anything, you're the best setter i've ever seen." (Y/N) traced the callouses on his palm, calming him down.

oikawa sighed, but seemed more relaxed than before. "thanks (Y/N)-chan...you always know how to make me feel better. and, here. before i forget." he held out a small piece of candy with a note attached.

"thank you, tooru. you didn't have to...especially since you're feeling so stressed. but thank you." she smiled softly at him, unwrapping the coffee candy and tasting its sweet bitterness. "of course i remembered, i love you~" oikawa gave a weak wink, which (Y/N) chuckled at. "i love you too."

coffee candy
even in bitter times, you're always there to sweeten my day.