Silver Moonlight

I could hear the sounds of Metropolis from the airplane. It was now night time and the moon hung lightly in the sky. It wasn't full. But I knew something might come soon. Usually I'm not one for supernatural stuff, but when you've been around John Constantine too many times, it's perfectly normal.

I also recently sealed one evil spirit away into someone's mind with his help. A woman named Carmilla Black had this problem when an evil spirit named Ahmanet took over her mind. She possessed her. But I stopped her plans and sealed her in Carmilla's mind. If I tried to remove the spirit, it would kill her as she was bound to her.

I did try to find ways to remove the bonds, but nothing would work. But one day I'll find a way to put her away for good.

But lately in Metropolis, there's been some reports of people getting attacked on the streets and some are either mauled or worse. Some survived, others did not. Many said they thought they saw wolf-like creatures and have hid from them. They caught their eyes as they were gold as the sun. It's not a full moon yet, but the silver moonlight still can light the sky.

I decided to look further into this matter myself. I had time.

I dropped off my things at the hotel and went off to go find this creatures of the night. Not that they're vampires or anything, but I had to find these things. Whatever they were, they seemed to prey on innocents. Some were infected by this and eventually turned into one. Their behavior was outrageous.

It was getting close to midnight and I was getting tired out. I needed to get back to the hotel and I heard growling from behind me, I slowly turned around to see a huge creature. He had an appearance of a wolf. Wait, wolf-like creatures and strange behaviors, werewolves...

He got into a position as if he was going to pounce on me and I formed a force field around myself.

"Tcetrop em!!"

But before it could surround me, he broke through it and landed on top of me. He stared at me with his golden colored eyes and I remained calm. No use panicking when a huge werewolf is standing over you. But my heart was racing a bit as I knew something was going to happen. Is he going to bite me or scratch me?

"Pretty one.....", he says as he then swipes his claws at me and I stopped it before it made impact. I used both my hands to stop his giant paw. He then bents my arms as they were pushed back. It hurt like hell. Then, I knew I had enough. I lifted my knee and bumped him with it and he fell over as I got up quickly.

He ran toward me and swiped at me only to be scratched near my stomach and I fell over holding my side. I watched him lick the blood off his claws and I used a healing spell on myself.

"Laeh em! You're so going to pay for that!! These clothes weren't cheap!!"

"Too late, pretty one..."

I looked down and noticed that the scratch he did on me showed a scar. My spell didn't work out as I hoped. I threw spells at him and even summoned my wand as I revived my clothes back to normal. He eventually ran off leaving me there and I felt pain in my stomach. It was around my abdomen. No, not that thing. But the werewolf scratch.

I took myself to the hospital and they said they found something in my blood stream. It looked like something else and I couldn't believe it. I refused to believe it. I went home and worked on finding remedies before the next full moon.

Over time, I began to experience these strange feelings. I canceled my shows and was focusing on treating myself of this lycanthropy. I didn't want to have this. Not on me. But the full moon was nearing and I felt changes in me. I held it in as much as I could. Then I remembered that I needed to use a spell to reverse this.

"Esrever yporhtnacyl!! Agh!!!"

It didn't work out as I had hoped. But this time I felt it. The need to feed. No!! I must fight it! I'm a vegetarian!! I......then it happened. I pulled my clothes off my body and eventually felt the change. Fur grew out my skin and my limbs cracked as they shifted to something else as I was changing. I fell to the ground and my face shifted to a snout.

I grew a tail and claws in my fingers. I went outside through a window and went off into the moonlight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I woke up in my living room and I had a blanket over me. I looked over and got up wrapping it around me and then I heard a voice in the shadows.

"Well well, the sleeping beauty awakens. And I didn't have to kiss ya either."

John!! What's he doing here?!

"How dare you get in my home!"

"How dare you breaking your promise on not eating any meat. Did you have a wonderful time last night or do you not remember, love?", he says as he was now serious with me.

"You bastard. I don't eat meat. And as for last night I don't remember."

He got up from his seat and put out his cigarette as he walks over toward me. He looked at me and then finally speaks. "I saw the scar on ya when I was taking you back here. Seems you were ambushed by a werewolf. Didn't you use your healing spell?"

"Duh. Of course I did."

"Couldn't have fooled me, lass. Now, why don't we get you cleaned up hm?", he says as he turns around.

"No wait! I'll handle it. Just let me shower and get dressed. We can discuss it more afterward."

He raised his hands at me and nodded. After a while, I showered and got dressed as I went to my room where potions and other stuff is. I saw John making something that could help me.

"Here, take this.", he said handing me an elixir. "It should remove it. If not, I know an incantation."

"What do you know about lifting these things?"

"I just know love. Now drink up.", he says as he waits for me.

I shrugged and drank the elixir and then all of a sudden, I felt it. My stomach was reacting to it as well as my body and I felt myself shake from it. John ran over to me and started chanting something and I eventually calmed over and stopped shaking. I was shivering as I felt cold now. He then holds onto me and tells me everything will be okay.

Then, I passed out. But before I did, I called him a bastard and fell asleep. Night fell and I woke up feeling that urge again. But this time it wasn't it.

John was somewhere around the house and I went looking for him. I held my side and next thing I knew, I felt something inject into my neck and I knock someone back. It was John. I rolled my eyes as he shrugged at me.

"I had to Zee. It was a cure I been prepping up. Fight those bloody urges!", he shouts at me and I fell down holding my neck. Then, out of nowhere, the same werewolf who tried to turn me broke into my house and grabbed me.

"No, pretty one is mine!!", he says in his growls. Constantine sighs as he grabs hold of something then throws it at him. Seriously??

I moved away from the wolf, then I said my spells.

"Esrever yporhtnacyl!!"

Then, he changed back and I felt pain in my gut again and he changed back to human and I was human again after having a cure injected into me. I grabbed the syringe and walked over toward this man and struck him with it. I cured his lycanthropy and it ended mine. But he seemed deluded now since I put an end to it.

"What have you done to me witch!!??", he demanded an answer from me and we both stood there like idiots and confused. I shrugged and the man stormed out of my home. Well, at least he wore shorts.

"So, any plans Zee?"

"I don't know about you, but I'm going to bed."

He smiled and then walks out of my house into a portal. I can never understand him at times. But I was cured and my shows went back on. I performed tricks and also did more in Metropolis.