one | Erebus

|Lucien Avery🔝

I inhaled some of the smoke from the cigarette, instantly coughing as I pulled it away from my lips. Staring at the cigarette, caution came to my mind as I glanced around me to see if anyone saw my failure to deal with cigarettes.

Still alone, I chuckled at myself for thinking I could handle cigarettes. Since I'm a nurse I know the dangers of them, curiosity still got to me though. I wondered if this one puff of cigarette smoke would cause any damage.

I believe so, hopefully since I don't plan on going back to these things, I'll be fine. There are much more dangerous things in the world than cigarettes. It's too bad that these have become one of the top things that kill humans.

Here I was trying to try one out.

I was about to throw the cigarette on the ground before I suddenly heard an eerie shriek. Becoming frightened by such a thing, I decide to keep the cigarette so that I could at least come off as slightly threatening.

It was a plus for me that I was a tall 6'4 white man, I'm not shy about how attractive I am. I was supposed to get married...once.

I shook my head, sticking the cigarette between my lips. That's when I head towards the direction of where I heard the shriek. I come to believe that with my knowledge on wounds and injuries, if this person is hurt - I can help them.

I am a nurse after all. People tend to automatically think that females are nurses, not all the time. I love taking care of people and helping the injured, especially when they can't help themselves.

When I save a life, it makes me the most happy.

Pulling the cigarette away from my lips slightly, I look around the corner. I see a partially lit walkway and don't see anything threatening. That's when I stood there in confusion.

Was I hearing things?

I stare at the cigarette in fear, shaking my head. Was the nicotine already getting to me? Please tell me I am mistaken because I'm pretty sure I didn't hear things. The nicotine shouldn't set in that fast, or does it?

I'm so ignorant on cigarettes. What a waste of my money on buying cigarettes because I was curious. Curiosity now has me stumped.

"Help me!"

I look, seeing a woman suddenly rush towards me. My interests were piqued because it was a very beautiful African American woman. Dark brown skin with long silver hair, her eyes a brighter blue than mine, not to mention her body - not to sound like a pervert.

"What's wrong miss?" I ask, and as she came closer I watched...her get taller. Her hair became shorter and her curves disappeared as quickly as I saw them.

That's when I came to find myself staring up at a black man. Short silver hair, piercing blue eyes, dark brown skin... I felt the cigarette fall from my lips and was expecting it to fall on the ground.

Only for the...man to catch it. I knew I saw a woman...am I truly missing something right now?

"You almost dropped this." He told me, and placed it between my lips again. Except I began to shake my head.

"Is it the nicotine, please tell me it is." I beg the man, and I found myself tossing the cigarette to the ground. Stomping it out to look up at the man who stared me down.

This man was above seven foot tall. I don't meet lots of people taller than me. For me to see a beautiful woman jog towards me only for her to morph into a handsome man is not okay.