Chapter 2

Your POV:

You were currently walking in between James and Steve. They were currently bickering about their love lives. James was talking to Steve,

"I don't see what the problem is. You're about to be the last eligible man in New York. You know, there's three and a half million women here."

"Well, I'd settle for just one." Replied Steve.

"Good thing I took care of that." You looked at James.

"James Buchanan Barnes! You did not! Again? Seriously? Do you know how awkward it is for me everytime you do this?"

You smacked the back of his head. "Yeesh doll, I'm sorry. Too late to back out now though." You started to walk off. James grabbed your hand and you stopped and turned towards him.

" Stay please doll? I'll make it up to you I swear." You looked him and then finally sighed.

"Fine, I'll stay." You took your wrist back from him.

"But I'm staying with Stevie since I know how uncomfortable he gets when you do this. So get rid of one of them."

"But-" you gave him your death stare. He gulped,

"Yes ma'am"

He then waves two girls over. Steve looked up at you with a grateful expression. You grinned back at him and grabbed his hand.

"Hey, Bucky!" Said one of the girls.

James turned to one of the girls and said to her, "Sorry, but he seems to be taken. But I may take you out sometime myself doll." He then winked at her and she swooned and walked away. You smacked the back of his head.

You then put your hand over your heart and pretended to be hurt. "James, how dare you? I thought that doll was my my nickname."

"Why doll, you jealous?" He asked you with his signature grin that makes girls swoon. All you did was roll your eyes.

"I don't know, let's ask Stevie? Do I seem jealous soldier boy?"

"Doesn't seem like shes jealous Buck." Steve responded.

"Hey, I thought soldier boy was my nickname?" James interjected.

"Not anymore. Plus you should talk to your date, she looks uncomfortable."

James then looked back at the girl. "My apologies. Shall we continue?"

"Welcome to the Modern Marvels Pavilion and the World of Tomorrow. A greater world. A better world." Then the girl said,

"Oh, my God! It's starting!" She grabbed James' hand and pulled him off. You then looked down at Steve who shrugged. You then followed James and his date, still holding hands.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Howard Stark!" The man then entered and kissed the woman on stage.

"I love you, Howard!" Yelled some woman.

Howard Stark then turned to and addressed the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, what if I told you that in just a few short years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all." Some of the women on stage took the wheels off the car.

Stark then turned and talked to the crowd again, "Yes. Thanks, Mandy. With Stark robotic reversion technology, you'll be able to do just that." He flipped a few switches and the car started to hover.

"Holy cow." Said James.

The car malfunctioned and then fell back down to the ground

"I did say a few years, didn't I?"