Truth or Dare Gone Wrong

Sonic was already bored after fifteen minutes. He sat on the couch with his head resting in the palm of his hand as he drummed his fingers. There had to be some way he could figure out who Shadow's girl was. Since the dark hedgehog already knew who it was, maybe he's already started trying to attract her. Nah, he thought, I haven't seen him treat any of them differently.

    Rouge was growing tired of the wait as well, and she finally decided to do something about it, "Hey, how about we play a game?"

    "Sure!" Silver and Tails jinxed, and the others shrugged.

    "What should we play?" Blaze asked, as they all gathered in a large circle on the couch and floor around the much-loved round coffee table. The white bat smirked.

      "I was thinking truth or dare."

   Sonic grinned as he realized her plan. If one of them could ask Shadow, they could learn the truth a whole lot faster. But to their surprise, Shadow stood as if to leave.

    "Count me out. I don't do those type of games," he stated firmly. He knew very well what they were planning, and he wasn't about to let anything slip. All of the others groaned, but no one could change his mind now. So instead, he walked back into the kitchen. If he knew them as well as he thought he did, they would watch a movie later, and he decided that he might as well get the snacks together.

    Sonic, Rouge, Knuckles, and Tails frowned and looked at each other but decided they would continue the game anyways.

   "All right, I'll ask first," Sonic said, "Silver, truth or dare?"

      "Uh, I don't know. Dare, I guess."

   "Okay. Let me think," he paused before grinning deviously, "I dare you to get down on one knee and fake propose to Blaze."

    "What!? Seriously, dude? We're not even dating! Ugh, fine," he sighed and stood, followed by Blaze. With a quick eye roll, he suddenly smirked. He did a spin and knelt as he did so and pretended to open up a small box.

    "Princess Blaze the Cat, will you marry me?" he asked with a smooth voice and a cute, knowing smirk that was a tiny bit flirty. Though he couldn't see it, his expression was very similar to Shadow's, and the others agreed that they had to be related. Blaze giggled at his effort, and a small part of her wished that this was for real.

      "Yes, Silver the Hedgehog," she answered with a miniscule grin, which made Silver genuinely smile.

    "We shall be married in the morning!" he announced, making a reference to the movie Enchanted. Everyone laughed as the two sat down.

    "Okay, my turn. Hmm. Amy, truth or dare?"

     "Truth," she replied, not wanting to do anything stupid. Silver nodded and tried to think of a good question. He suddenly remembered a story his mentor had told him a while back.

    "Is it true that you were the one that turned Shadow good?"

    Everyone was silent at that question. She hadn't told anyone that she was the one who pleaded for Shadow to change his mind and save the world. It felt like such a long time ago. Shadow, who had heard the room go quiet, peaked his head through the door to see everyone staring at Amy, who seemed extremely flustered.

    "Well...I don't know about turning him good, but I do remember talking to him on the Ark. It was that time when it was about to crash into the planet. Everyone had left me behind, and I got lost. While I was trying to find my way to the others, I saw him just staring outside the window, and he seemed perfectly happy to watch Earth get destroyed. I begged him to go help Sonic and save the world. He seemed sad when he listened to me, and he looked like he remembered something, as if what I said triggered a long lost memory. I don't know why, but he listened to me and ended up becoming a hero."