//9//

"they will beat you, harm you, and break you if they ever found out that you had things you weren't supposed to."

"don't act off, meaning don't show any interests or feelings of doubt- don't show that you're questioning things."

"don't let them know that you hate it there." the words and rules kept flooding in, and jisung was taken aback, a little overwhelmed.

"um.. what happens if they find out?" jisung felt himself growing more scared the longer they were talking to him.

"they can't." minho made eye contact with him. "if they do, we're done."

jisung felt a lump form in his throat. "okay."

"we're trying to figure out how to change everything," chan started to speak again. "how to persuade the majority. but we can't figure out how."

jisung fiddled with his fingers as he sat in thought.

that was until he remembered something they had mentioned before.

"do you have music?"

out of everything that was banned, jisung was mostly drawn to music. he wanted to know what the different genres were, how they sounded- the voices.

"we do, wanna hear?" felix smiled and took out his phone.

"you have it on there? can't the government track what you do on there?" jisung questioned as he scooted closer to felix to see. "i thought they were government controlled."

felix grinned a little. "not this one~ seungmin figured out how to hack them. now listen!" felix shoved two ear buds in jisung's ears and went through the options.

minho and the rest looked at jisung's expression, waiting to see his reaction and whether it would've been good or bad.

there was a rush of sound, coming from the phone through the wires and flooding into jisung's ears.

the initial sound was shocking and loud- making jisung flinch and quickly grip the wires- but then came sounds that he had never heard before.

he felt the melody and beat of whatever song was playing in his fingertips down to his toes.

his eyes were wide as he stared at the ground, trying to make out each individual instrument and tempo.

it was like his brain was going to explode.

after the initial shock, came a few fast blinks of comprehension- then a smile.

a smile which caused a line of smiles- one from felix, one from minho, one from seungmin.

jisung didn't know why, but a sinking feeling came behind his eyes as they watered.

it was so pretty.

"there are no words yet," minho sat next to jisung. "songs with meaningful lyrics are beautiful too."

jisung sniffled a bit before blinking and taking the buds out of his ears.

"it's really nice." he said, smiling a sec before giving back the buds. "i wasn't expecting it." he said honestly.

jisung had only heard music once when he was a child- near a baby.

and it was his fathers voice singing him a lullaby while he was being held, in pajamas and falling asleep.

but he was too young to appreciate the sound of his fathers voice.

"thank you, we wrote it." chan was next to smile, his opinions constantly changing about jisung. he felt that this was the right thing now.

"you guys did that?" jisung was in awe, smiling.