4. [The Outsiders]

[Song Above: This One by Snowmine]

Part One: The Daughter

•Epon•

After the lower ranked demons were sure their king was locked away, the meeting had started. The blonde heir watched this take place in dismay, an act of rebellion against her own father.

Maybe we do need a change in rulership... Dad seems so stressed from leading these hooligans for centuries, maybe it's time for a break?

Who would lead? ....Me? I'm the only one with his blood... would I be a good leader? What if I'm not good enough? What if they don't trust me?

Looking around, she scanned the crowd to make out reluctant participants. Her father's advisors seemed curious, they weren't completely liking this but they weren't throwing the idea away either.

She jolted when she accidentally made eye contact with one of the advisors. Bright. He raised an eyebrow, his tail twined with a small sloth demon's. The small demon wasn't even paying any mind to the commotion, she had her nose tucked away into a book, blissfully unaware of her surroundings.

The leader of this rebellion was booming about purification and heaven. Do they really think this will work? Are they completely idiotic? Have they heard the tales of the destruction my father caused in his younger days? Do they not care that he burned cities for fun? That he killed people for fun? Do they not comprehend this?!

They'll really regret this if this doesn't work out. He won't be nice. He might publicly torture their leader. Or worse, execute them all!

In a silent panic, she made her way through the crowd, leaving to her room. She grabbed a pearl white, silk poncho and exited the palace without a sound. The heir sighed heavily, relieved to be free of the palace walls.

If I was dad, where would I go? He was always fascinated by humans, maybe to the closest town?

Clutching at her cross necklace, she had kept it after leaving the convent because it repelled touchy demons, she faded to the human realm.

Okay, so, NOT exactly where I wanted to be.

She was in the middle of the woods, not only that, she was also waist deep in a pond. What in God's name—

She froze, twisting her neck, she peered into the dense underbrush. A twig had snapped. A curious pair of cloudy blue eyes stared back at her. She hauled herself out of the water and onto the bank, wringing her pale clothing out.

"H-Hello?" She hesitantly called out to the figure in the bushes.

Out stepped a seemingly familiar boy her age, though she had never met this boy in her life so surely it was just her imagination. The weird sense of deja vu wasn't what tipped her off though, it would be the prettiest set of wings that plunged out from his shoulder blades.

They were shiny and pale like the moon, dipping and canting idly. "Woah..." The heir whispered in complete awe.

"Woah! I've never met a demon before!" The angel squeaked excitedly, prancing around her to take in all her glory.