4

The house was so quiet, I hadn't heard Shawn yell in the last hour or make me do something. I managed to wake up peacefully today and have breakfast, and an early morning shower.

There was no sign of anyone in the house except two guards. I was so glad Shawn wasn't here, truth be told I was terrified of him and I would do anything to stay out of his way.

When will he let me out of this place? Or when will I be able to escape. He can't keep me here forever can he?

I washed my bowl and the drank a glass of water, as I turned around I let out a high pitched scream from the figure in front of me.

"Jesus- I know I just woke up but do I really look that bad?" Alec says and I took a deep breath getting myself back together.

"I'm sorry- you just took me by surprise" I say and he laughs as he makes himself a cup of coffee.

I sat down and started eating a few grapes before thinking about what is going to happen with me.

Why does Shawn want to keep me here? I'm literally no use to him.

I haven't got anything to give and if he thinks kidnapping me was a good idea, to get revenge on my dad or whatever. It clearly fucking wasn't going to work.

My dad doesn't even-

"What's on your mind Eve?" Alec says snapping me deep out of my thoughts.

"Nothing" I say quietly.

"You can tell me" he says and I looked up at him.

I don't really know Alec. But what have I got to lose?

"How long is Shawn going to keep me here?" I asked and he looked at me.

"I don't know, until we get a reaction out of your dad maybe" he says and I sighed.

"So I'll be here forever?" I say and his eyes widen.

"No, your dad will come for you and Shawn will get what he wants" he says and I let out a sad laugh.

"My dad is not coming for me. He's probably glad I'm gone" I say and Alec looks surprised.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"My dad doesn't care about me, I'm just a burden to him. That's all I ever was to him" I say truthfully.

"Oh- I'm sorry" he says.

"Shawn is not really gaining anything by keeping me here" I say.

"If it was up to me, I would let you go. But I can't do that, I'm sorry" he says and I shook my head.

"It's fine" I sighed.

Alec and I started talking about a lot of stuff, mainly about my sad and traumatic childhood, he was nice and had some empathy towards me. He tried his best but I just felt even more shitty loading my problems on to him

Alec suggested we watch a movie and I agreed as o had nothing to do.

Alec and I were watching a movie, I laid on one couch and he was opposite me munching on some popcorn. I let out a yawn and turned my body before closing my eyes.

My eyes snapped open and my body jolted up as I heard a loud bang and then heavy footsteps.

The door smacked wide open and Shawn stormed in angrily. I sat up and rubbed my eyes before looking up at him.

"Can you not fucking read?" He yells at me and I gulped.

"Excuse me?" I asked in confusion.

"I left a list of fucking chores for you to do, and all you're doing is sleeping on the couch" he yells and I look down.

"What list? I did not see a list" I say and he groans.

"On the fridge. On the fucking fridge, looks like I will need some bright yellow paper so you can fucking see it" he yells again.

I really hated being yelled at, even though I always get yelled at I still really hated the degrading feeling I got.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

"Sorry? Sorry isn't fucking good enough" he snaps.

"Get your bratty ass up and start doing the chores, I want it all done by dinner time tonight" he says.

"Do you understand?" He asks and I nodded.

"I said do you understand?" He asks raising his voice slightly.

"Yes" I meekly answered before I stood up to go to the kitchen. I pulled the list off the fridge and looked at the chores.

Clean the kitchen.
Do the laundry.
Clean the floors in the hall. (Until I can see my reflection)
Dust everything down.

Maybe he does have a use for me, just being his personal slave around here.

I sighed before looking at the messy kitchen, I rolled my sleeves up and then started washing the dishes. I washed the dishes, cleaned the counter down and put everything away.

I fixed the laundry and put it all in the washer before grabbing the duster. I began dusting everything in the hall. All of the painting that were hung up began collecting dust.

I then started scrubbing the floor down so it was 'squeaky clean' and Shawn could see his reflection in the floor. I wiped the sweat on my forehead as I continued wiping down the floor.

"Just what I like to see. You on your hands and knees" I hear a voice making me jump before looking at Shawn.

A smug look on his face making me scowl at him before I stood up. "Looks like you've managed to do all of the chores within three hours" he says and I nodded.

"You can start preparing some dinner then" he says and I nodded tiredly.

I was so tired. I don't know if could make dinner with barely any energy.

"Shawn!" We heard the voice of Alec making us turn around to see him running down the hall to us.

"Watch out the the floor-" before I could finish he slipped and fell with a thud. "-wet" I finished and he groaned before lifting himself up.

"Shawn lets order some pizza or something for dinner instead" Alec says.

"Whatever- as long as it doesn't take forever to come" Shawn says and Alec nodded.

Now I didn't have to make dinner thankfully, I made my way to the restroom. I washed my hands clean before I went to change into some pyjamas throwing my clothes on the floor.

I laid on the bed and took deep breath.

Why am I the unfortunate one?