Is she cheating on me?

It was 4 pm when I entered the cafe. I walked 2-3 steps to reach my favorite table but stopped as I saw a couple sitting over there. Their backs were facing me. I had no idea who they were, but I found the lady's body structure very familiar. As I walked further to identify her, she turned her left and I saw she was my wife. I looked that man, and yeah! I knew him too. I was astonished and angry at the same time. Astonished because my wife was there without informing me and angry because she was sitting with the person whom I hated the most in the world. A wave of fire ran through my body.

Is she cheating on me? What is she planning to do? Why is she here? She was about 10-12 steps away from me. She couldn't see me. I stepped forward intending to catch her red-handed, but, restrained myself.

Wait, let her go forward in her plan. Let's see what else she will do to cheat on me. I forgot about the work for which I went there. I turned back and came home.

"Assalamualaikum", she greeted when she came home after two hours.

"Waalaikumasslam" though, I was not in the mood to talk, I replied.

"Where did you go?" I asked as if I was not much interested in the answer.

"Nowhere, just to the market".

"You were in the market for 3 hours?"

"Ya, I got a friend there."

"Which friend?" She was arranging the messed room while replying and this was the first time when she stopped and looked at me as if wanted to ask why are you interrogating like this.

"Sonia", continuing her work, she replied.

I nodded noticing every expression of her face. Lying on my face, huh! I was talking more to myself than to her.

"Let me freshen up, then, we'll go to the doctor". She said, smiled.

"Doctor?" I asked. Why do you want me to stay alive? To see you both getting married? I wanted to say but I didn't.

"Ya, doctor, you forgot we have an appointment today.?"

"Ya, I remember. Go, freshen up."

She gazed at me for a few seconds before leaving. I think she found something strange in my behavior.

As she went to the washroom to freshen up, I got the chance to check her phone. I checked phone records, there were dialed and received calls from Rashid. The first call was dialed 15 days earlier. What had happened 15 days earlier? Yeah, it was the day when my doctor told her that my cancer was at its last stage and I had only 2 months left. Ohhh, so you thought to find a life partner after I die. You......you can't even wait for me to die. I checked messages, Whatsapp, Facebook, Messenger, Instagram. There was nothing. Very clever, text messages can be easily doubted on, you left no clue in the written form. I don't want to doubt you, but I can't forget what I saw from my eyes. I would probably not doubt you if I had seen you with any other guy except that..bloody....Rashid. I hated him the most in this world. And why shouldn't I hate him, after all, he was my wife's ex-fiance and best friend as well. It was not in their fate to meet because she was written in my destiny. I loved her a lot and I was sure she also loved me until I saw her in the cafe.

*****

"I'll talk to you later. Bye", She hung up the phone as she saw me coming.

"Whom were you talking to?"

"Sonia"

"Really?"

"What do you mean? You have any doubt?" She was surprised but she pretended not to.

"No, you hung up as I came that's why I asked", I shrugged my shoulders.