Eleven

They reached the end of the street and Evin looked around seeing a barn with horses enclosed in a fence ''You know how to ride a horse?'' he asked taking out his bow, Mike looked over not impressed by much and nodded, Evin stared at him and sighed turning and crouched down to his height and grabbed his hands ''Listen, I'm sad about Andrew to ok, I am. I've lost people and I'm sure you have to, can I see a small smile?'' he asked looking at Mike, Mike just looked up at him, Evin sighed and looked down holding Mike's hands ''Mike, please... It's easier to get over people if you don't mourn over them.'' he stated and looked at him, Mike stared at him thinking about his words before nodding, Evin smiled a bit and stood up taking his hand as they went down the dirt road towards the small barn house.

Evin was more focused on the horses in the fenced off area next to the house but figured they should check the house for food, it had been a while since they had any food. Evin looked back towards the road holding Mike's hand as they continued to walk ''Will you teach me how to shoot a gun?'' Evin looked down at him ''You know how to shoot don't you?'' Mike shook his head, Evin smiled ''Yeah, I can.'' he stated and they veered off the dirt road and towards the house, Evin pushed the door open before moving back to Mike near the tree and grabbed a rock tossing it to the truck letting the alarm blare for a bit before getting inside and cut the wires making it stop. He hopped out and looked to the door not seeing any movement, he turned and got Mike out of the back looking back towards the trees and the field seeing nothing before they went inside, Evin looked around before shutting the door. 

Mike looked around holding his bow before turning to Evin ''I think it's clear?'' Evin walked over to the stairs and stood there listening, he knocked on the wall hearing something fall upstairs ''Stay down here, if you see something call for me alright.'' Mike nodded and headed into the living room while Evin crept up the stairs. He got to the first landing and took his knife out heading up the stairs to the next floor and looked up and down the hall seeing all the door's opened except for one and stood up seeing large boxes in front of the door with a note tapped to the box, he walked over and took the note off reading it.

'Please don't open this door, there is nothing of value inside, just Benji.' he sighed and looked at the door before putting the note back on the boxes and turned heading down the halls knowing the two wouldn't be staying here for long. He pushed a door open more and looked around seeing the room was a mess but other then that nothing was wrong with it, he entered and went to a dresser grabbing a long machete off the dresser and saw blood on the blade but this worried him, he lifted his hand and touched the blade feeling the blood was warm still, he turned and looked around before running out of the room, he went downstairs and looked around seeing Mike in a head lock with someone covering his mouth ''How many people are here?'' the guy asked, Evin raised his hands ''Let him go.'' Evin stated, the guy shook his head uncovering Mike's mouth ''How many of you?'' he asked again more demanding this time.

Evin lowered the machete ''It's just us, now please just-'' ''No, why would someone be walking around with a child without backup!" Evin brought his hand up bringing it close to his side ''I promise, we're alone.'' the guy shook his head ''No, you're not.'' he said and grabbed Mike's head, Evin brought his knife up and threw it getting him in the head causing him to fall back, Mike ran forward going to Evin and hugged him, Evin was in shock that the knife got him in the head ''Let's go.'' he stated and pushed Mike to the door, they went over to the horses and Evin lifted Mike over the large fence before going over himself, he went over to the small barn for the horses before grabbing two saddles and walked over dropping it first and went to one of the horses ''Hey, easy.'' he calmed the horse down before petting it, he then went over getting the saddles and got it on the horse, Mike looked up at the other one who was much calmer.

The one Evin was beside was black with grey splotches and the one Mike was beside was all black with blonde hair, once he got his saddle on he went over and grabbed the one Mike would use ''You sure you know how to ride? We could just take one.'' Evin asked getting to him holding the saddle ''Their brothers, you can't separate brothers.'' Mike stated petting him, Evin looked up at the horse before putting the saddle on him ''What do you think their names were?'' Evin asked getting it secure ''Not sure.'' Mike stated walking around, Evin stayed behind him, making sure he didn't fall when hopping up on the saddle. Evin then walked over bringing his horse over to the gate and pushed it open before getting on, they walked out of the pen and started going back down the dirt road getting to the main road before turning right heading further down the road.