Fifteen

Evin sat up in the sleeping bag and just stared in front of him at the wall, he grabbed his arm and looked down pulling his sleeve up and his eye's widened, he could see his veins, they were more prominent, his skin around the bite was paler then his original skin and he was finding that his arm was stiff. He had a bad feeling about this bite, but he couldn't figure out why it was acting differently, it was just a zombie bite, from a zombie who had been running in stead of walking, one that seemed, different. He turned hearing something move but saw it was just Mike moving around in his sleeping bag, he thought about leave, giving Mike the map and getting far away from him until something snapped. The way he attacked the guy back in that city, that wasn't something a human would do, ripping someone's throat out, not having a problem with the taste of blood in his mouth, bit's of flesh in his teeth. Thinking about it didn't make him sick anymore, it had been two days since they left and he still hadn't told Mike about what happened. How could he.

Evin laid down and looked up at the ceiling of the abandoned gas station they wandered into, it was empty, mostly because the door's were blocked up and chained from the inside, he felt almost numb to the point he wanted to tell Mike that he might not be with him for long, he felt himself losing it ''Can't be immune forever.'' he sat up hearing a new voice ''Bound to catch up with you one of these days.'' Evin got up and looked back seeing Monte ''Miss me?'' Evin backed up knowing he wasn't there but, it felt real ''You're dead.'' Evin said and shut his eye's ''Yes, I am, but you can't seem to forget people, so here I am.'' Evin opened his eye's and looked up seeing Monte was gone ''You would be put in a mental institution by this point if thing's were normal.'' he turned around hearing Vivian ''You were never real to begin with.'' he stated backing up but stopped knowing Mike was behind him, he looked down seeing him still asleep then looked up seeing Vivian was gone ''Seemed a bit odd when we met but, grew to like you.'' Evin turned looking to Jean ''Not really sure why John brought you to meet us.'' Jean looked up at him.

Evin shut his eye's and hung his head ''Not real, none of this is real.'' he went to his sleeping bag and sat down pulling his leg's into his chest hugging them, he stared in front of him hearing whispers around him ''Evin.'' he looked over hearing Mike, his voice was like thunder in a storm ''Do you hear voices?'' Evin looked forward not wanting to creep Mike out, he sighed and nodded, Mike stared at him before getting up and walked over to Evin sitting beside him and wrapped his arms around Evin, Evin could tell Mike didn't know how to react but a good sign for Evin was that Mike wasn't leaving, he was staying.

Evin relaxed and hugged Mike back ''We're almost to the coast.'' he mumbled and looked over seeing the sun was coming up, he needed to teach Mike how to shoot still, Evin nodded and got up ''Hang me your gun.'' he stated before walking over and set up some can's and bottle's before walking back to Mike, he took the gun and checked the bullet's, he looked at the can's a bottle's before taking out five bullet's, leaving three he then handed it back to Mike and crouched down ignoring the voices still whispering around him ''Just like a bow, except you can't get the ammo for this back.'' Mike nodded and raised the gun aiming it.

Evin stopped him and bent his elbows a bit ''Some bigger gun's will have more of a kick back to them so don't keep your arm's straight and stiff.'' he explained and looked at the bottle's ''For a steady slow aim breath in and when you breath out take the shot aiming at one of those bottle's.'' he stated and stepped back ''It'll be loud so prepare for that.'' Mike looked back at him ''Won't something hear us?'' he questioned, Evin nodded ''It's alright though, we'll be leaving before anything get's to us.'' he stated, Mike turned back and Evin grabbed his arm biting his lip. Mike took two shots hitting the bottle's and Evin smiled ''Your a natural.'' Evin stated and lowered his hand, Mike turned and smiled before aiming at the last one shooting the can off the little spot Evin had it on.