Chapter 2

It was several days after Viola's introduction to Wan and his crew. They got along with her quite well, all but Jaya who continued to ask Wan why he didn't just turn her into the family she care from. Wan always responded with, "That family isn't her real family. Real families don't hurt their children."

Viola started to soon learn how to communicate better with others as well, awhile Wan continued to steal from the Chou brothers. When ever she came back she would see Wan giving his food away to the animals and his crew. She asked him why he would do that, he just smiles and gives her the last bit of the food he caught. She frowned and ate it. But after that she went to sneak some food away from a local market.

Then placing the food beside where he slept so he woke up and ate it.

Viola was upset at herself for getting him and the others into her mess, the last thing she wants is for them to starve, mostly Wan who always gave his food away.

Later on in the week, Viola overheard Wan talking to his gang about gaining power. "I want to gain some so the Chou and any other rich people could look at me as an equal!" He said and Jaya huffed, "You know what Lion Turtle we're living on?"

"Yes I know, Jaya! The Fire one! That's why I found some hunters who want to gain Fire Bending powers! I'm going with them first thing tomorrow!" Wan said. Viola gasped and pushed the sheet that held their shelter back, Wan and Jaya along with Yao stared. "Don't tell me you're going to risk your life so... So you can gain Fire Bending abilities?" She asked as if she was hurt. Wan lowered his gaze, "It's true... I've been thinking about it before you even came, isn't the first time either-"

"Let me come with you!" Viola interrupted. Jaya coughed on the food Wan gave him. "WHAT DID YOU SAY!?"

"I'm going with Wan. He already gave me trust to live with him, as of that, I will make sure he won't die." Wan laughed at her little speech. "I'm not that easy to kill, Viola."

"Still..." She clenched her fists together, "Let me go with you. For safety... The world outside the Lion Turtles are... Dangerous... "

"I know from experience!" Yao raised his hand. He told her about the side of his face. The punishment for being off the Lion Turtle. Wan's smirk dropped. He then looked at his friends and sighed, "Ok. You'll go, but don't try to get in their way or anything, or we'll get kicked out!" He pointed at her. She nodded and then sat down while he gave her food again. "Wan. You have got to eat." She said and went in her pouch and pulled out a loaf of bread. "WHOA!" Jaya stood up as Yao smiled, "Wouldya look at that?"

"Viola where'd you get that bread?!" Wan shouted at her. She looked in his deep copper hues, "I hate to say it... But I stole from a local market place."

"H-How?! I couldn't do that without being caught-"

"You do steal from the Chou family countless times... How's the market different?" Viola asked with a glare on her face, obviously she didn't like when he did that... They were pretty much royalty and could probably kill him. "The Chou family are all fat, I'm not so fat so I run faster! The market place is skinnier and could easily catch me." Viola shook her head and gave it to Wan, "Now. Please eat." She said and then walked off to put her things away.

Jaya looked over at Wan, still with his jaw to the ground. "Wan. Don't you see what's happening?!" Wan raised his eyebrows, "No?"

"She's on love with you! I can see it!" Jaya pointed to the direction she went in. Wan's eyes widened and then he busted out laughed, "Nah! She wouldn't love a poor person like me." He then stood up and started to tear off the pieces of bread for Jaya and Yao, "I feel like she appreciates him." Yao said as he got some bread. "I see the way she looks at you, Wan. She loves you alright."