Eleventh - Love will help you, until it Preys on You

"Drew, what's wrong?" Nico asked as he walked to my side. "You're shaking." It was only then that I realized that I was shaking in anger. Nico took my hand and I calmed down a bit, but it wasn't enough to change my mind.

"I need your help, Nico. There's someone I need to meet." I told him in a very resolute tone. There was nothing that anyone can do or say that could change my mind. The Robinsons started everything and it's either they stop hurting my family or I make them stop myself.

"Drew, where are you going?" My Mom asked in a very worried manner as I walked towards the door.

"I'm returning something, Mom." I said as I walked out the door.

"We're going, don't worry, I'll take care of him." I heard Nico say as he walked out the door.

"Are you sure about this?" Nico asked as he drove.

"Yeah... but I'm scared." I admitted as I breathed deeply.

"We can still turn back, if you want." Nico said as he glanced worriedly at me.

"No, I need to do this. I can't just sit around and watch as they continue to hurt my Mom." I said as I tried to calm my racing heart.

"Ok. I'm just here by your side, Drew." Nico said and then held my hand.

It only took a few minutes before we arrived at a luxury restaurant. Nico already told me that both Sylvia and Dad were having a dinner meeting with his parents, but it didn't changed my mind.

Meet if we must, but I would not sit around and do nothing anymore.

I think I was both anxious and nervous. Once is an accident, twice is a mistake, thrice is pure stupidity, and I'm refuse to be stupid. For the third time, I am about to see my Dad, and I would not run away anymore. I would face him.

Whatever happens, happens. That was my mind set at that moment. I wasn't afraid of the consequences, because Nico was there by my side. His presence was enough to give a lot of strength. I don't even know if I could do what I was about to do if I didn't have Nico.

After inquiring at the front desk and saying that he's the son of Anthony Bellard, we were escorted to the private room were the Bellards, my Dad, and the despicable woman were having the dinner meeting.

"Should I come in with you?" Nico asked as he looked at me.

"No, it's fine, besides, I don't want your parents to think that you have anything to do with this. You've helped me enough, Nico, I don't want you to take the blame with me as well." I told him with a weary smile.

I took a deep breath before opening the door in front of me, and then I changed my expression into a more serious one. When I opened the door, both sides were exchanging thoughts.

"Kyle... What are you doing here?" Rose Bellard asked nicely as she saw me by the door.

I gave a worried smile. "Sorry for the interruption, but I just need to return something." I told her.

I was actually afraid to look at Dad, I had no idea what his reaction would be.

Sylvia's eyes were wide, I am pretty sure she was surprised to see me there, maybe even more surprise that the Bellards knew of me. My Dad on the other hand, wasn't even looking at me. As always, he's very good at hiding his emotions.

Don't show any sign of nervousness. Don't. Don't let her know that you're heart is racing.

I took out the creased check out of my pockets and then placed it on the table in front Sylvia. "You left this at the flower shop." I said in a very calm yet cold tone as I slid the check towards her. "We may not be rich as you are, but we have principles, and clearly ours is way better than yours. We don't need your money, we don't want you money. So don't try to bribe us again. And for your information, our shop has CCTV, so we are willing to forget everything you've done to our shop, if you and your so called family stay out of our lives."