Farewell

Wang Yibo's POV:

"How are you doing this wonderful morning, Mr. Wang?" I smile and look up when a young man in the white doctors coat enters my room.

I nod and look back at the two birds sitting on a branch by my windowsill, chirping happily, contended with their lives. I wish I could soar so high. 

"Penny for your thoughts, Mr. Wang?" The kind doctor enquires.

"I wish I could soar the skies oneday" I smile back at the eyes gazing into mine. I tug his sleeves "I know I can't remember much, but I do remember this, when I leave this place, I can finally meet my husband up there" I grin and he looks away sadly "don't be sad, I think I have lived here enough. I wish to go and meet him. I don't remember his face, but I do remember his name, Zhan and I loved him dearly".

I look down at my wedding band and grin "I love him".

"Don't you wish to get better? Have a full and healthy life?" He enquires sadly and I shake my head "I can't, he's waiting for me" I look outside the window, where the earth and the sky blend together in an horizon far beyond imagination.

Wait for me, love. I am coming.

I close my eyes as the monitors start to beep around me. The young doctor beside me, yells my name but I am far beyond reach. In the darkness within me, I find a bliss that is just within reach. At the end, I'll find you and maybe then we can live together for an eternity.

I don't remember much, but I have relived my entire life, in those letters written by my husband for me.

This is my lovestory.

Dear Yibo,

Dear Yibo,

Today is the day we unite to become one. They say a groom always feels some jitters before his wedding, but not me love. I look forward to the moment when we unite under the sacred matrimony. You make me happy, you make me feel so many emotions that I failed to feel before.

I was an orphan until I met you. But with you in my life, I now have a family. Yibo, my sweet man, I wish to spend so many precious moments with you.

I want to take you to our matrimonial bed, make love to you, hear your whisper my name, wake up to seeing your face every single day, to kiss your forehead and smile and when you look at me with those sleepy eyes. Cuddle when it rains, snuggle when it snows.

Watch you play the piano, I wish to drink you and the coffee up to my heart's content.

I want to have children with you. Let's adopt a girl and a boy. You be strict. I'll spoil them. I never had any of those but with you, I want home.

You're my home.

I want to grow old with you, walk around holding hands in the park, having two dogs beside us, well you can hold their leashes or cancel that, let's adopt cats, you know I am scared of dogs.