[S̶i̶x̶]

"Reaper?!"

A pair of voices were heard, their tone filled with disbelief and shock as the two elves awkwardly stared at the man in the middle of the spring. Claude was only blinking his red eyes at the two men, wondering why on earth were they screaming as if they never saw a naked man before. However he recalled the rumours where he was described to be a large sized barbarian. His lips formed a small 'O' when the realisation dawned upon him and he lightly nodded to himself in understanding. Claude then looked up at the elves and nodded his head at them.

"Yes? Is something the matter?"

He asked as he slowly moved to the side of the spring and leaned against it, situating himself opposite from where they were. Lucian and Nathaniel looked towards each other before looking at the Reaper. It was clear from their expressions that they were still in a state of denial. However, they were then pulled out from their thoughts when Claude then spoke up.

"And please, Your Highness, call me Claude. We should be at that level of familiarity at least. I doubt that you would want to reveal my identity when we arrive at the capital."

"Is that a threat?"

"No, it's a precaution."

The reaper wasted no time at all to shoot down the prince's assumption but in doing so only raised thicker walls around the two elves. Claude didn't want to waste that much time with them as he knew it would be endless. Deciding that he had spent more than enough time in the hot spring, he waded towards the side where his clothes were and stood up, revealing his slender physique, and with his long black hair cascading down his smooth white back, it was no doubt appealing to the eyes. However the sight was instantly covered when Claude swiftly wrapped his robes around him.

Lucian couldn't help but feel his cheeks burn at that brief scandalous sight and he was in utter horror that he had such a reaction towards the nauseating Reaper. Due to that realisation, he forcefully turned around and went back to focusing on cleaning himself. Nathaniel on the other hand was glaring at the Darkyeon individual, his glare never once ceasing until the man finally disappeared behind the bushes and was no longer in sight of the two elves. 

Claude started walking back towards the camp, walking down on the natural pathway while adjusting his inner robes before putting back on his outer robe. As he walked, he lightly flicked his wrist, making a gesture with his fingers and a gust of wind was summoned, drying his hair before the wind then died down once it fulfilled its use. Some of his hair fell across his shoulders and he then paused in his step when he felt some light upon him, causing him to look upwards towards the sky that was not covered by the trees.

His eyes gleamed and glowed, like shining rubies as he gazed at the star-filled sky. The dark canvas filled with glowing white spots everywhere, some shining brighter than others while some looked bigger than others while some had clustered together to form the constellations in the peaceful sky. Claude smiled, his facial features softening as he lowered his head, no longer looking at the natural beauty of the night. He felt at peace, that was what he needed now and nature has comforted him, easing him from worrying about any unnecessary worries at the moment.

The bushes nearby rustled and Claude looked towards it, the smile never leaving his face but instead, grew wider. And the reason was soon revealed when a familiar looking Skound emerged from behind the bush, wagging his tail as he circled around his master. Claude lightly ruffled Guquan's head and the Skound let out a bark before lowering his body, waiting for Claude to mount him so that he could bring him back to the camp.

[🍁🍁🍁]

Lucian and Nathaniel came back to the camp, the prince still in thought while the secretary went to inquire about the whereabouts of the Reaper from a nearby guard. The guard then pointed towards the fireplace where it was under a tree not too far from them but enough to keep a vigilant distance between the two groups. The Skound was there, laid down against the tree while the Reaper was then seen laying against the large creature.

Claude's back was facing them as he slept, his outer robe used as a thin blanket over him while his hat was placed aside. The night was cooling and with the heat from the fire and from Guquan it was able to settle on a comfortable temperature for the Reaper. Lucian stared at the barbarian, his eyes held an unreadable glint before he and the rest of the elves retired for the night.

[🍁🍁🍁]

"He is still sleeping?"

"He was awake just now when we set off...."

"Then how do you explain that?"

Nathaniel's voice was heard, his tone filled with sarcasm at his later question as his hand gestures to the improper appearance of the reaper who was just laying on his mount on his stomach, hands and legs hanging off the side as his hat was still on his head. Really, only God knows why the Reaper is falling asleep so casually around them while they are still walking through the woods. Sure the Reaper did prove his capabilities yesterday when facing off against the Centipede but his capabilities only show just how powerful and dangerous he was.

Nathaniel soon noticed the prince's gaze and turned to look at him, getting a shake of the royal's head in return. Lucian letting his secretary know that there isn't a point making a fuss over every little detail made by their enemy.

"Make sure the barbarian is awake before we reach the capital gates."

[🍁🍁🍁]

"Your highness..."

"What is it? Did I not say to have him woken up?"

"The thing is...no one is willing to be a volunteer.."

"...."

Lucian was baffled. He had only given one simple enough task and it seemed it couldn't even be fulfilled. They could have just taken a damn sword and poke the Reaper if it was so hard to touch the vile creature. The prince sighed, turning around on his horse as he trotted towards the sleeping figure. The Skound stared at the approaching elf, baring his fangs and growling when the prince nudged Claude's foot with his own feet.

"Get up."

"Mhm.."

The young man let out a groan before he sat up slowly, his hand forming into a fist to rub his eyes before he looked around, noticing that they had arrived at the Ancalen capital gates. Realising his odd bejewelled eyes would no doubt stand out and garner rumours, he flipped his hat away, dispersing it into a cloud of black mist. The Royal guards and general gaping at his appearance before the prince noticed him moving smoothly like air, both his hands now settled on an elf guard's shoulder.

"Reaper! What are you doing?!"

Lucian yelled out as each and every guard unsheathe their swords except for the one that had been approached by Claude. He looked up and only smiled, waving a hand to assure them before he gazed into the elf's light brown eyes. Soon, his black hair turned light brown and so did his eyes, the bejewelled effect no longer there and was instead replaced with normal brown orbs of irises. He then stepped back, hopping back on one feet as he sat back down on Guquan, a hand reaching up to push a hair behind his ear.

"I just needed to change the colour of my hair and eyes, since my bejewelled ruby eyes are known as the prominent trait of the Reaper."

He then slid off the Skound, Guquan barking twice before he shifted back into his puppy form. The young man then picked the Skound up and the creature made a beeline to hide inside of the man's upper robes, disappearing out from view and poking his cute little head out from the Reaper's collar.

"Let's head in shall we?"