CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Nick! We are so proud of you..." Candice gave Nick a tight hug, thrilled by the announcement made by our homeroom teacher.

Nick ranked third in the hall of geeks. It is amazing that he was able to keep hold of his spot as one of the top five students in class, judging by how he has been enjoying his school life.

"Congratulations..." Luna added.

Everyone was so excited for the Graduation Day, especially the Grad Ball. Kevin slammed the classroom door a little while after our homeroom teacher announced the top students. He looked so mad and frustrated.

"That good for nothing principal!" He mumbled as he walked his way towards Luna.

"Why Mr. Heatherfield? Is there anything wrong?" Our homeroom teacher asked with a puzzled look. Our homeroom teacher, Ms. Stewart, is a very cool teacher. She doesn't care if you go to class regularly or not, as long as we work hard and study hard to help ourselves learn and graduate.

"Nothing much. I just didn't get what Mr. Murray said, why can't they do anything about Luna's diploma?" Kevin asked calmly.

"That's a rule sir. Luna wasn't able to complete the curriculum or the pre-requisite subjects that she was supposed to take before coming in as a senior" Ms. Stewart answered, "what's important is that she have you, so she doesn't need to work anymore right?" she taunted.

"That's not so true Ms. Stewart, I still have to work and I want to..." Luna interrupted in their conversation.

"Oh let's just forget about it! I don't even want to talk about it anymore..." Kevin shrugged.

Luna kept quiet and Ms. Stewart gave them a teasing look. I can see Candice and Trish looking at them, smiling.

Everyday, the six of us hang out in some places we've never been, just to enjoy the remaining days we have until we leave school. Most of the time Kevin is around Luna, so I can't be with her nor speak to her, since I also have Candice always around me. But every weekend, Luna and I always make sure that we get to spend some time with each other, even watching movies and having our dinner in some fancy restaurants. We never brought up the "kissing booth" thing. We just enjoy ourselves when we're together, not thinking about Kevin nor Candice.

Days flew by so fast. It's already our Graduation Day in less than two weeks. Grad Ball is up ahead too, in less than a week. Everyone's busy preparing for the ball. I was thinking of how I'd ask Luna to dance with me on that special night, but I was also imagining how Candice will react. I'll just forget about it then, and besides Kevin will surely be around her all the time.

The girls were wearing gowns that could almost swept out all the dirt on its way with their skirt sliding all over the floor. Some are wearing dresses that glitter and shimmer like all the stars across the sky had been rented out for the night to be placed on their outfit. I found it uncool and so clichéd. The hotel was filled with lights, bands and so much life! Candice wears a simple red long dress with both her shoulders showing off. Trish is wearing a blue gown that fits her body and Nick and I are on our tuxedo. Luna is not yet around, Kevin must have gone to pick her up. I wasn't able to pick her up earlier since I slept over at Nick's last night. We went out for a drink to celebrate, just the two of us.

"Where the heck are they?" Nick asked while scratching his head.

"I don't have any idea... can you try calling them?" I asked Trish and Candice.

"Sure, I'll..." Candice pulled out her phone from her small shoulder bag that matches her gown. But just as when she was about to make a phone call, Trish stopped her.

"No need girl, they're already here..." Trish pointed at the entrance door. I was facing against it so I still have to turn around to take a look for myself. I was astonished.

Luna is wearing a white long dress that fits her wonderfully. Her hair is tied up and her silky-smooth shoulders and chest are all showing off. I have a perfect view of her face from where I am standing. She looked really simple yet stunningly beautiful. If only Candice is not with me, if only her right hand is not held by Kevin, then I would have been running to her right now and kiss her. I am so in love with Luna. Why is everything so difficult? I wanna be with her, now. I want to hold her tight and never let her go. But she is already in love with Kevin.. This is so annoying.

Luna and Kevin walked towards where we are gathered. Luna is just smiling beautifully. The night is young and everyone seems to enjoy dancing to the music.

"You look stunning tonight... I interrupted Luna while she is getting some drinks from the fountain-like juice dispenser on the main table.

"Oh Chad... I was looking for you, I even asked Nick if he was with you, I kinda lost you from my sight earlier..." Luna responded and looked so happy to see me.

"Really? I was looking for you too... I asked Kevin and he said that I'll find you here..."

"I see,so... by the way, you look great tonight Chad." She smiled at me and her cheeks blushed.

The party music fades and everyone was so loud, pissed off that the music suddenly stopped. It didn't stopped, it changed. Soon, a sweet music intro is already playing and I can see some guys asking some girls for a dance. I looked at Luna. Luna looked back and smiled. I was about to ask her when suddenly a hand was laid down in between our face. It was Kevin.

"My lovely lady..." Kevin kneeled in front of Luna, "will you dance with me?"

I looked away and continued to get drinks for me and Candice.

"I don't see any reason why I shouldn't dance with you Kevin." Luna replied in a gentle voice.

They both went on their way to the dance floor. I can see Candice on her way to where I'm at. Trish and Nick are looking around for someone they can dance with. I handed the glass over to Candice and raised a toast. Then she kissed me and dragged me to the dance floor. I was looking at Luna and Kevin all the time, and I felt like Candice already noticed. I can't help myself. Every time I see them together, I get so jealous that my heart wanted to come out and scream in pain. It was too much to take. Candice stopped and told me she'll go to the washroom quick. I walked towards Luna and Kevin, not minding whether Kevin or Candice would think wrongly about what I'll do.

"Can I?..." I let out my hand, asking for a chance to dance with Luna. They were having a good time dancing with each other and I interfered out of nowhere. I didn't care.

"Of course..." Kevin moved back and gave way. I always knew Kevin is a gentleman and I know that he understands that Luna and I are very good friends.