Chapter 1

The year 1475

In a town there was a gathering of people and priests that were holding torches. The town people were quietly talking to one another. There was a post with a lot of wood surrounding it and there was a woman tied to the post, and that woman was Lisa Trepes. The priests with the torches threw them down on the wood surrounding the post, she groans in pain.

The mayor of the town walked next to the bishop "So there were devil engines in her house, Bishop?" the bishop did not look at the man but continues to look at Lisa why she was burning at the stake "I saw them with my own eyes. And glass in shapes you've never seen, thin as paper. Lightning. Strange weeds and tools. Witch's things. Of all the witches I've rooted out, none had such a collection." the bishop told the mayor and the mayor spoken in a whispered tone "And it had to come to this?" the bishop took a glance at the mayor "She called it all science, Mayor. Lisa Tepes of Lupu was so far gone that she just couldn't see that it was all given to her by Satan." while the bishop continued to watch the woman burn the mayor made a comment that made the bishop look at him with suspicion "I've made some small study of the chemical sciences myself, you know. J-just a study, of course. I-I'd never think to practice such things." the bishop ignores the mayors actions "The Archbishop would prefer that life in Wallachia be kept simple, Mayor."

The fire was continuing to burn hotter and hotter to where it made Lisa scream in pain. The bishop gives a wicked smile as she screams "Simple. Pure. Good."

Lisa's was in so much pain that tears were forming in her eyes, but the pain isn't what she is crying about, it's about how her husband would react and that she wouldn't be able to live the rest of her life with her family. She gains enough energy to speak "Don't hurt them! They don't understand!" the mayor spoke out of curiosity "Who's she talking to?" the bishop looks deeply at her with disgust in his eyes "I believe she's exhorting Satan not to take revenge on us, which I suppose is almost commendable, for a witch. Perhaps I'll say a prayer for her. A small one." the bishop bowed his head and closed his eyes. Lisa was gasping in pain and the smoke was getting too much for her lungs. "I know it's not your fault, but if you can hear they don't know what they're doing. Be better than them. Please!" Lisa screams in pain and hoping her husband is hearing all of this.

 Please!" Lisa screams in pain and hoping her husband is hearing all of this