3. Let's Make History Tonight (Chris)

I can't help but panic a little on the inside as I stare down at what is on my phone screen. It's a delicately-worded draft of a tweet, hinting at some major announcement I have to make regarding the Russos, Marvel, Endgame, and the Falcon and the Winter Soldier series coming out on Disney+ within the next year or so. Seb and Mackie started preliminary filming a few months ago, just a few weeks before Seb and I confessed our feelings to each other and officially coupled up.

It's been stressful not seeing each other, with filming for various projects and whatnot, but we're doing well.

Tumblr is still raving about Seb being spotted in a hoodie I was photographed in just days before then. #EvanStanSweater is trending, thanks to a fan's photographs of me wearing a sweater that Seb was spotted in the week before.

What the public doesn't know is that the hoodie and sweater are just scratching the surface of what's really going on between us. We've actually moved things between my home in Boston and his apartment in New York City, solidifying our status as significant others.

We have FaceTime dates a few times a week, little arguments here and there over nonsense, send each other memes and posts on social media, and have started moving from the honeymoon phase to the long-term phase where we start settling into the rhythm of our relationship. Unlike our previous relationships, though, we haven't lost that critical spark and every day is something new. It's been a fantastic first six months together and we're excited for our future.

My body relaxes as a familiar pair of arms snake around my waist and wrap around me. I take a natural half-step back, moving into place against his body, as he presses a kiss to my neck. Here, I'm at peace.

"Hi, baby," he coos, resting his chin on my shoulder. "What's got you so tense?"

"I was tense until you wrapped me up in those arms of yours," I say softly, turning my head to press a kiss to his temple. "I'm okay now."

"Want to talk about it?" He asks.

I show him my phone.

He quietly reads the screen, and then he squeezes me and presses a kiss to my cheek, saying softly, "We don't have to say anything until we're ready if you're so tense about this. I want you to feel comfortable, safe."

I smile, set my phone down on the kitchen island, and set my arms on his, winding my fingers through his. He hums and presses another kiss to my neck.

Oh, Seb.

"As long as I have you," I tell him, "I can do anything, go anywhere, be anything, and know that I'm going to be okay."

I can feel him smiling as he turns his face in toward my neck, his breath sending little shivers down my spine and goosebumps flashing across my skin. We stay there, tangled together, for a few quiet minutes.

Then, I break the silence.

"Let's go out tonight."

"You sure, Chris?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. Let's go out on a real date tonight, Sebby."

"Can you put on that navy suit I like?"

"Of course."

      "Let's get ready for our big night then."

      He unwinds his hands and arms from mine, fingers lingering on my hips for a moment, and then he turns. I catch his hand and lace my fingers through his as I turn to follow him to what has become our bedroom in our New York City apartment.

      "Not quite willing to let go of me, are you, Chris?" He smiles, glancing over his shoulder at me with those piercing stormy-ocean eyes of his.

     I smile, "I don't plan on letting go of you tonight actually."

     We step into the bedroom and head for the closet, temporarily unlacing our hands so we can both change into more formal attire for our date. We've been lounging around in sweats and t-shirts all day. I honestly don't care what Seb wears, he's beautiful and leaves me speechless regardless, but it's always a lovely surprise when he gets all dolled up.

     "Will you hold me all through the night like you always do?" Seb asks softly, leaning in and surprising me with a kiss on the cheek as I rifle through the hangers in search of my suit.

      An inspired hum vibrates through me.

     "Whatever you want," I saw lowly, "Just say the word, babe, and the world is all yours."

     Seb grins as he slinks over. He ducks under my arms, sets his hands on my hips, and leans back, his hips grinding into mine. I instinctively close my eyes and lean in to kiss him as my blood starts running hot, knowing exactly where he's probably headed with this momentary distraction. He meets me halfway with a quick peck before pulling back so he can speak.

     "Anything I want?" He asks, his eyes meeting mine as I open them. "Anything at all?"

     I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him closer as I say, "Anything, Sebby, baby. Whatever you want, it's yours."

     "Can I have you?" He smiles, sunset pink fanning across his the planes of his cheeks. "All of you?"

     My heart skips a dozen beats.

     I know what he's implying. I know it deep in my bones. We've come extremely close to having sex — not quite making it there out of nervousness and the sheer fact that it'll be a first for both of us — but haven't gone there yet.

     It's a little scary and hella sexy that he's being so forward with me now, especially when we're planning on going and coming out publicly to the world.

     Breathlessly, I ask, "You sure, Seb?"

     His cheeks darken as he says, "You can think it over at dinner, or just while we're out, but I'm ready to take that next step with you."

    Oh, Seb.

    You've no idea...

     I smile as I pull his body flush against mine, surprising him with how sudden the motion is, and then I say lowly, "We're going to do this right, babydoll. So I hope you're ready for one hell of a night, because I'm calling in a few favors just for you. Be ready to roll when I come back. You've got half an hour."

     Seb's eyes shine as a smile lights up his face, his eyes and nose crinkling in the most adorable way. I give him a quick, passionate kiss before letting go of him, grabbing my suit, shirt, and tie from where they hang, and turning to leave.

    One more thing, though...

     I pause in the doorway, and while looking over my shoulder with a little smirk, I say, "Let's make history tonight, Seb."