78.

Brett listened as Eddy put cutlery from his kitchen in one of the many cardboard boxes the following day. He had no idea where Eddy got his energy from anymore, but he still found himself folding up blankets and putting them in a box.

He jumped one meter straight up when he felt Eddy sneak his arms around him from behind and place a kiss on the back of his neck.

"You've been staring off into space for the last ten minutes," Eddy commented, letting Brett rest his head on his chest. "You okay?"

"Just tired, and I guess I'm thinking about the couch," Brett sighed, closing his eyes for a moment. It was so nice that Eddy would just hold him out of nowhere without it being a big deal anymore.

"The couch? We were bringing that, right?" Eddy asked softly, and Brett sighed. He knew that Eddy didn't know it had happened on the couch, but he didn't want to risk him finding out either. Besides, he didn't remember that time as a positive one anymore.

"I want a new couch," Brett said, turning around in Eddy's arms to look him in the eyes. He placed his arms around Eddy's neck and was pulled closer by his arms around his waist.

"Okay," Eddy said simply, kissing Brett quickly. Brett furrowed his brows, not understanding why he just accepted it out of the blue.

"You're not gonna ask why?" Brett asked, licking his lips nervously. Eddy shrugged.

"Is it something I would want to know?"

Brett hesitated for a moment, eyes flickering.
"I uh... I don't think so, no," he mumbled, hiding his face in the crook of Eddy's neck with a sigh. "I don't know. I just thought you'd ask sorry for bringing it up."

"If you want to tell me, you can, though."

"She was... Made there..." Brett mumbled hesitantly, still with his face hidden in the crook of Eddy's neck. "I don't know why I'm telling you that, I'm sorry."

Eddy didn't say anything, just gently stroke his back. Brett could feel his mood shift though.

"I'm sorry, Eddy, I shouldn't ha..."

"You wanted to tell me, so I let you. I said you could," Eddy interrupted him, kissing the top of his head carefully. "I agree we should get rid of the couch, though."

"I'm sorry. I told you because I'm feeling bad about what happened, but I'm just making things bad again by doing so and..."

Eddy kissed him softly to shut him up, running a hand through his hair.
"I said it was fine. I'm fine. We'll get rid of the couch."

Brett nodded, closing his eyes again as he hugged Eddy tightly. Maybe he was just tired? Reading too much into Eddy's reactions?

"I have an idea for the couch, though, if we're throwing it away anyway," Eddy mumbled, sneaking a hand under Brett's t-shirt and feeling the soft skin on his lower back. Brett shivered.

"What?"

"I thought we could... Make some good memories on the couch...? If you want?"