Guren x Reader: Price of Freedom

(Guren's POV):

   I was walking around the battlefield, trying to look for any survivors of the latest battle against the vampires. They really did a number on us.

   As I'm walking, I hear faint whispers coming from a few yards away ahead. I try to follow the whispers, but they suddenly stop.

   I look down at the ground to see some sort of folding fan, made of steel spokes. The top and bottom were firm and razor sharp, proving my suspicion that the fan was indeed a tessen.

   Tessens are refurbished metal fans that can be used as weapons to block attacks and stab deep wounds into enemies. These are usually used by undercover women, or spies. The tip of the fan is sharper than a sword.

Without thinking twice, I pick up the tessen and immediately lose consciousness. I wake up lying on the ground, everything around me is white. I see Mahiru a few feet away, an annoyed look on her face.

"Didn't you hear me telling you not to pick up that fan? Now you've got another demon trying to take control of you—?!"

She's interrupted as we hear laughs echo in my head. They sound feminine and masculine, proving there is two demons laughing. I walk closer to the sound with Mahiru trailing behind me. Confusion overtakes me as the closer I get, the more childlike the laughter sounds.

After walking for a bit, Mahiru flinches. My brows furrow until I notice that, floating a few feet away, are Noya~kun and—(Y/n)..?

"(L/n) (Y/n)." Mahiru's tone is all but friendly, as the two turn to face us. "You're supposed to be dead." Her voice is laced with venom.

(Y/n) stands her (h/l) (h/c) locks flowing away from her face to reveal rosy pink cheeks and a cheshire grin. She's as beautiful as I remember her, seeming not to have aged since our school days. Her red eyes bore into mine as her smirk only grows, revealing her sharp fangs.

"I could say the same about you, Mahiru~san. I was warned about you being a demon, I didn't know they meant it literally. You were always a spoiled brat, so I just figured they meant your personality."

I smirk at (Y/n)'s remark. Mahiru glares at her before turning to Noya. "What do you think you're doing, letting her be here?"

"Why not? You're so boring and seeing as you're always hogging Guren, I never get to have any fun. Besides, she's not here to play." Noya grins and (Y/n) appears behind me.

"You've always been a bother. If you payed any attention to him, you would know Guren never loved you." I tense at her touch as she wraps her arms around me. "Unless you're telling me all those times we snuck out of class to meet under the cherry tree meant nothing to you..." I feel her breath in my ear and it sends shivers up my spine. "Guren~kun."

I exhale sharply at how she addresses me so informally, proving her words true. "(Y/n)~san.."

   I remember our school days like they were yesterday. (Y/n) and I would send notes to each other, making plans to meet at the tree while the others were busy in class. We'd enjoy the spring sakura leaves falling as we held hands.

At the time, Mahiru had fallen for me out of the frustration of not wanting to be engaged. I was there for her and listened to her long rants, but I never did feel the way Mahiru did. I had fallen for (Y/n) long before I even realized it.

Mahiru's aura darkens. She draws the sword she possesses, pointing it at us. "How dare you address him so informally, I'll kill you!!"

Before l can react, (Y/n) has already shoved me behind her, blocking Mahiru's sword with the same fan I picked up from the ground. "My, my, that's an awful temper you have there. You should've asked how Guren felt before falling for him. And here I thought Hiiragi's were more tactical. Oh well, your emotions getting the best of you benefits me. I'm going to free my love from your manipulative ways, and you can't do anything to stop me."

"SHUT UP!! I'LL KILL YOU, YOU BITCH!!!" The sound of metal clashing against each other fills the room and I run over to Noya, who doesn't seem the slightest bit fazed.

"Oii, Noya! Shouldn't we be trying to stop them before they kill each other?!" As I yell at him, I notice his expression grows amused.

"Are you kidding? I've been waiting to see this fight go down for years. Besides, if (Y/n)~sama wins, we'll finally be free of that Hiiragi bitch."

I turn to look at the two girls. Mahiru seems to be attacking out of pure rage while (Y/n) plans her attacks carefully, an innocent smile curving at her lips. "But if (Y/n)~san fails..."

   I shiver at the thought of anything happening to (Y/n). My thoughts trail to the feeling of her hand perfectly resting against my chest, her soft plump lips pressed to mine. I miss that feeling. I miss her. I want that feeling back. I need it.

   The idea of (Y/n) being injured or killed is too much for me. Just as I'm about to interrupt their fight, (Y/n) speaks up. "As fun as this is, catching up like old school mates and all," Mahiru tries to swing at (Y/n), but she deflects the attack with her fan. "You're boring me, and Guren~sama's greed is only making me stronger. Therefore, I'll grant him the freedom he so desires," (Y/n) then counterattacks and stabs Mahiru's heart with the edge of the fan. Mahiru glares at her, falling to her knees. "With your death."

"Y-You... bitch—!!" (Y/n) pushed the fan further and Mahiru disappears into ashes. I feel a heavy weight lifted off my shoulders. I release a sigh of relief. Noya grins triumphantly.

   A breathless laugh escapes my lips and (Y/n) turns to me. I run up to her and as I'm about to hug her, I notice the mischievous grin she wears with an intense gaze. I stop in front of her, my brows furrowed in confusion. "(Y-Y/n)~san...?"

"You didn't think your freedom would be free, did you?" She floats down and starts walking towards me. "I'm a demon, after all..." I back up until my back hits the sword stuck to the floor, leaving me pinned in front of the girl.

"W-What do you want, then?" I ask, knowing negotiating with her is my only way out of this.

"Simple." Her hand rises to my cheek and she caresses is gently. "Your love."

   My eyes widen. Before I can respond, her lips crash into mine. I gently push her away, looking into her eyes. Her expression remains unfazed, as if she knows I won't do anything. She's right.

   I don't waste another moment before pulling her closer and gently placing my lips on hers, a bit desperately but mostly passionately.

   For years, I longed for the day I would see her again, not knowing if she's still alive. I've been that blasted Hiiragi's toy for so long, I'd almost forgotten how good real love feels.

   After a few long minutes, we pull apart, both gasping for air. We smile at each other. "If your lips against mine is the price of freedom, please remind me to get possessed more often." I joke.

   She laughs. We hear a groan. I raise a brow in annoyance. (Y/n) giggles. "Get a fucking room, damn it." Noya crouches on top of the sword, a look of anger on his face.

"Piss off, Noya." I say before taking (Y/n)'s hand, grabbing her by the waist and placing my lips against hers in another passionate kiss.