when baekhyun sings at a cafe

The past week has just been Baekhyun coming to the quaint cafe hidden within the city with his friends, each day almost with someone different. All because Chanyeol got a job there and their circle of friends want to 'abuse' the discounts that Chanyeol can offer to them.

Despite how Baekhyun would usually be the one to take full advantage of such a situation, his head has been in the clouds for some time already. It didn't help that almost everyday they're at the cafe, it starts to rain and it seems that the rain outside is in sync with the rain that's been casting its sadness upon Baekhyun's emotions.

Baekhyun's friends know the reason as to why he has been fazing out but they've tried almost every trick they know works on Baekhyun. Still, nothing works in their favour, Baekhyun still stares into the rain and is depleted of the sunshine he usually wears.

But today might be fruitful because Chanyeol thought up of something that could help Baekhyun, while also helping the cafe.

Chanyeol's boss told him that the weekly lounge band the has over on the weekends is missing their vocalist since the vocalist took a break to take care of his newborn child. And knowing how amazing Baekhyun is as a singer and hoping that it would essentially 'force' Baekhyun to open up about his emotions to them, Chanyeol was dead set on making Baekhyun sing.

It takes Chanyeol almost an hour to finally convince Baekhyun. (One wouldn't need to take that long to make 'normal' Baekhyun sing. Heck you don't even need to, he'll sing on his own accord!)

Baekhyun heads to the other side of the cafe and meets up with the band members. After a pretty lenghty discussion along with light practice to see how to match his voice along with the instruments, Baekhyun and the members take themselves to the stage.

With the cafe a little over half filled, Baekhyun looks around before landing his gaze to his friends, who are happily cheering him on. Baekhyun takes a deep breath and drops his shoulders, relaxing himself on the stool.

He stares into the softly pouring rain outside, "I don't know what you're doing lately because you completely disappeared. I hope you can listen to this song because I really really want you to know how I feel. My feelings have never changed..."

After his confession, he puts on a timid smile as he thinks of the person he is directing the song to. He signals the band members and one of them starts strumming their acoustic guitar.

"I couldn't believe it
Everythingaboutyou was
Like lookingin the mirror
We were so muchalike
But your lips that had spoken of love
Don't say a word like they're locked shut"

Baekhyun puts out all the emotions he has kept shut for the past week in singing the lyrics. At some point in the song, he almost choked up because he was placing so much emotion in it. All Baekhyun wanted is for that person to hear his cries. Even if his cries are expressed in the song he's singing.

Because Baekhyun knows, sometimes your own words could not express your emotions as clearly as you want it to be. He knows that sometimes your mind just becomes too foggy, too jumbled up with words that doesn't connect well with your emotions. And that's why you sometimes end up accidentally say things you don't mean.

But in all the things Baekhyun has learned in trying to control his emotions, sometimes the best way is to let them all out by singing in a cafe like how he sang his confession to that special one when he fell in love a year ago.