Wasted & Thinking About The Past

A/N hey guys! so this will mainly be told through Vic's POV. There are some trigger warnings but nothing too horrible. I put my other story on temporary hiatus because I couldn't think of anything but a new story came to mind! Hope you enjoy!

I swear to God I'll never fit in anywhere.

I walked the halls of my new high school afraid to look up from the ugly brown colored floor. I didn't want to change schools and move. I don't really see the point of it. Being a new student sucks I mean I've been through it a few times though so I've learned not to take the staring too personally.

"Hey!" Someone called to me. I glanced up quickly to see a boy with kinda spiky hair jogging towards me. He looked Hispanic with the same skin tone as me. All that could run through my head though was oh great, I've only been here five minutes and I'm already attracting attention. "You're the new kid right?" He questioned, giving me a smile.

"Yeah," I sighed, feeling myself get a little nervous. He seems nice but I'm always cautious around new people. I've learned through trial and error that it's best to be alone. I always stay up thinking about how I don't want to die alone though so I guess I'm conflicted.

"Let me walk you to your class," he offered, taking the already crumbled up schedule out of my grasp. I must have been squeezing it too hard when the anxiety hit. Nothing new. "Okay, math. That sucks dude," the boy laughed, walking down the hall. I caught up quickly, not wanting to be left behind.

"What's your name anyway?" He asked, now taking the stairs two at a time.

"Victor but my friends call me Vic." I stated. For some reason I was waiting for him to laugh or something because at my old high school they would always make fun of my name. They would make stupid comments that Victor sounded like the name of an 80 year old or call me Victoria. That's why I would rather just go by Vic.

"Sweet! Mine's Jaime nice to meet ya. This is your class, beware of Mr. Walter's pop quizzes. I'll catch you later if you want to hang." I gave him a small smile and a nod as he walked away, jogging to get to class.

Okay. So far it's not bad. I entered the class room with shaky hands and took a seat closest to the door in case I needed to bolt. Always got to think ahead.

"Well class, you know the drill. Pencils out and eyes open for once. Yes I'm mainly speaking to you Mr. Gaskarth." A boy to my side gave out a short laugh and rolled his eyes before putting his head back on the desk.

"That being said, I am happy to announce that we have received a new student." He smiled at me. "What's your name?"

"Vic," i coughed out, feeling the anxiety start to swell in my throat making it hard to breathe. The boy who got yelled at before lifted his head from the desk and gave me a concerned look. From the other side of the room I heard some guy with black hair whisper "fag" while his friends snickered. I guess this place won't be any different.

***

The final bell rang signaling the end of the day. Thank God. I walked the crowded hallways searching for my brother who always seemed to disappear. He's probably behind the school smoking or something. The usual. Mike is always quick to make friends because he's just a chill and lovable guy. Me not so much.

"Man, I'm serious! Put that hip hop shit down and have a listen. Their new song is awesome and I will not stop until you hear," a boy commented, standing by what I assume is his locker. He was attractive, I mean very. His long black hair hung and framed his face perfectly and the tattoos on his arms just added to his appeal. But his eyes were what really caught me. They were so blueish green and bright. His friend who he was talking to just rolled his eyes at him. He shoved one of the earbuds towards the guy but he didn't take it.

"Seriously Kellin, get a life. All you do is listen and talk about music and bands and shit." The Kellin kid huffed and put the earbud back in his ear.

I continued walking, the thought of the boy in my head. Is it weird that I desperately wanted to know what he is listening to?

***

It was finally nearing sundown, my favorite part of the day. I climbed out the window of our new house and slid out onto the roof before taking a cautious step onto a branch. There's a huge tree right outside my window and since we've been here I've made it a ritual to watch the sun go down. I come up here to think a lot, go over what happened during my day.

Okay well my first day wasn't so bad I guess. I'm mainly being ignored which is the way I like it. As I thought it all over I heard somebody yell.

"Hey!" The person yelled from below the tree. I looked down slowly, making sure to angle my body a certain way so I wouldn't fall off the branch. It was the guy from school, Kellin. he was standing there looking up at me through his dark hair. "What are you doing up there?" He questioned.

"Um, just admiring the view I guess," I answered, kicking my leg over the side of the branch.

"Oh, well cool. You're the new kid right?" I nodded, looking back up at the sky as the sun began to sink down.

"Well I'm Kellin," he remarked. "So you should come down from your weird tree." I almost nodded and told him I already knew his name But I stopped myself just in time. Don't want to seem too creepy, I mean this could be my first real friend here.

"I'm Vic."