Chapter 5

A/N I wrote this while drunk so I'm sorry in advance 

It had to be a little after midnight by now. It felt like I've been sitting on this branch forever just listening to the wind blow by and the soft acoustic sounds coming from my iPod.

Everything was so calming as I started to think about the last few days. Mark hating me is a given, nothing I could do to really fix that right now, the high school party was actually a lot of fun especially with All Time Low playing. It's the things that have to do with Kellin that become a little foggy. After kissing him, well making out with him, I want to be around him more often than just in school. I don't want to seem like a clingy girlfriend but I just want to be near him. The main thing I chose to focus on though was what happened this afternoon right at the end of school. Why did Kellin get so mad when Mark just said his name? Should you have used his real first name, Kellin? Wonder why he likes to go by Kells. I kinda just wanted to know what's up.

 A chill ran down my back making a blast of coldness shoot to my ears and down to my toes. If I go inside it's going to be comfortable with a good bed and tons of blankets and I could even watch TV. I don't know why but I felt like being out here is so much better. Sometimes I like counting the branches just to shake whatever is tormenting or clouding my brain.

"Hey Vic," I heard someone faintly whisper. I looked down through the darkness and vaguely saw Kellin rocking back and forth slightly from the cold. He was there though, a grayish shadow looking up at me.

"What?" I whisper yelled down. It's late. Everyone should be sleeping except for insomniacs like me.

"Let me in!" I thought about it and figured that I do want to talk to him. I've known him for such a short period of time but I felt like I would never get bored of talking to him. This is foreign territory for me so I didn't know how to feel about it. I was mainly confused.

"One sec," my voice drifted down before climbing the roof and jumping into my room. My parents are heavy sleepers so we should be fine. Mike however is not which could pose a problem. I don't really want him asking questions about why there's a guy in my room at 1am.

I tip toed downstairs and slowly opened the door making sure the alarm wouldn't go off. Kellin looks warn out and cold. His pullover sweater arms were full of holes and his jeans were ripped and dirty. His face was stone though, no real emotion showing. His lips were shaking from the cold and I felt the instant reflex to press my warm ones against his. I didn't though, now probably isn't the bast time.

"Saw you were up. Figured it would be cool to hang out a little?" Kellin asked, a hint of himself back when I saw the wink. I rolled my eyes and nodded to the stairs before going up them slowly. They had a way of creaking and every time they did I felt myself cringe. Kellin was purposely stepping in those spots though, shooting me a cocky smile when I turned to glare.

I shut my bedroom door lightly behind me and looked to him now seeing him properly through the lights I have hanging around my room. He looked drunk. I didn't notice his bloodshot eyes downstairs but I could see them now and it was a little unsettling. Maybe he was more than drunk. The faraway look in his eyes told me that I could be right but I pushed it aside for now. He was obviously in a vulnerable state and I wasn't going to try and make it worse.

I grabbed a water bottle off my nightstand and handed it to him quickly. I knew if he got some water in him there was less of a chance of him feeling it tomorrow morning. He looked like he was trying to control himself or make himself look sober after he saw that I definitely noticed. He took breaths in and out slowly.

"Kells..." I started, not really knowing what to say. He doesn't even know me and he came to my house like this. I consider him a friend I guess but this was a little too soon and out of my expertise. It did make me feel good or special knowing that he trusted me enough to let me see him like this. I mean it's probably just because I live right across the street but I'm going to try and make it seem like it was something more. "What happened today?" I asked slowly, trying to ease him into talking.