Intro: Run Boy Run

The sun had risen, filling the bandit camp with it's glittering light.

Everyone had awoken and exited their tents, splashing buckets of water over last nights fire pit, the smoke rising in large clouds then disappearing into the wind. A group of men packed their bags and made their way to the back of the camp, were the cages were kept.

These iron cages held many humans, but some held other, beautiful creatures, like elves, ents and timber wolves, wonderful beings that deserve better then to be sold to some abusive rich man. In one cage, sat a petite, shivering fairy with his hands bound, who would likely be sold along with the rest of the creatures.

He had been there for three weeks, after being stolen from a freak show in the Capitol. He was barely fed and his wounds were never tended to, so he spent most of his time sleeping, trying to forget about the cruel world around him.

But today would be different, he had a plan to escape this place. Every week his captors would load about five of their prisoners into a cart and took them away to be sold, meaning they would be taken out of their cages for a brief moment.

The fairy looked around him, seeing only four occupied cages, including his own, meaning today he would have one chance to leave, and one chance only. He just hoped his frail body wouldn't fail him.

He waited a few minutes, before he saw the usual group of armed men approach the cages, starting with the one furthest from the fairy, they unlocked the cage and dragged a sickly pale elf out of it, forcing him into the large cart with an even bigger cage around it.

The fairy looked to his left, and beside him they dragged a large brown wolf out of the cage beside his, meaning it was almost his turn.

He took a deep breath in as he watched one of the men turn the key to his cage, and just when the rusty door was opened, the fairy mustered up all the strength he had in him, and with both legs he kicked the man square in the chest with so much force it made him tumble onto the muddy ground below.

Now was his chance.

He jumped out from the cage as quickly as he could and began to run to the large, open gate behind the cart, but he wasn't fast enough, as he felt a pair of muscular arms wrap around his waist tightly, lifting him off the ground.

He let out a scream as he struggled in the guards grasp, thrashing his legs around frantically, trying to hit the mans arms with his bound hands.

He was dangerously close to the cart now, he could see the worried look of the elf and the furious look of the wolf. He gave a pleading look to the wolf and he was carried closer, choking out a small " Please!.."

The wolf understood, a terrifying snarl appearing on its scarred mouth as it leaped from the cart, sinking it's teeth into the shoulder of the guard, who had no choice but to let the fairy go, as the three of them tumbled to the ground.

The fairy watched in horror as the wolf bit into the guards throat, then ripping his head clean off, blood splattering everywhere as more guards ran towards them, unsheathing their steel swords.

The wolf looked to him, it's yellow eyes filled with rage, the fairy took this as his chance to run, struggling to his feet and stumbling through the gate and down the gravel looking back for a short moment to see the blood covered wolf thrashing around in a circle of guards, more headless bodies hitting to muddy ground around it.

The fairy felt like he was going to throw up if he watched any longer, as he continued to sprint down the rock covered road, which scraped and cut at his bare feet quite a lot.

Tears streamed down his cheeks as he felt his legs begin to shake, approaching the forest that spread out for miles in front of him, which would be a safe place to rest, seeing as his whole bodies was about to give out.

He felt safer as the gravel road turned to soft mud, grass and moss under his feet, but he didn't stop running, his breathing uneven and his heart pounding in his chest. He felt liked screaming, his vision fogging up as he grew lightheaded.

He slowed down, his legs giving out as he fell to the mossy ground, whimpering with every painful breath he took, the world going fuzzy around him, before his eyes rolled back and he passed out.

And there he lay, in the middle of the forest unconscious, free from his life of captivity.