Part 1

(Y/N)'s POV

   In our world, having a destined partner is crucial. From a person to another, the mark we have at our birth is different. Some people have the name of their soul sister on their body, others have an object or a sort of doodle. Sometimes, people are born with telepathic powers, they can communicate with their other half with their mind or they can't see colours unless their future partner went where they are. It also happens that people have a clock, generally on their arm, but it's rare. It's not a real clock, it's like a tattoo that changes constantly and disappears once we found our soulmate.

   However! I didn't know that your mark (that is not a clock) could disappear! I had a name on my right wrist until my 12th birthday. Now, I don't have a destined partner and almost everyone looks at me with pity. I understand that my family and my friends worry for me, they care for me. But don't you find it a little bit insulting when someone you don't know comes to you and talk about soulmates for thirty minutes and then say: "Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't know. Are you all right?". God, it's annoying.

   I don't mind that I don't have a soul sister in this world. There are other people without a mark or a special trait.

   Ouch!

   What a wonderful idea to be deeply thinking while I was cooking. What time is it? 11 am. Ok, I had time before the party.

   At noon there was a party being held by the RFA. It's a fundraising association that helped people in need. Last year they build a center to help people dealing with their psychological problems like depression, anxiety, etc. They had a friend that committed suicide. That's sad, but sometimes it happens.

   Anyways, my point was that my friend, MC, invited me there. Its been so long since I saw her. I missed her so much. She said that we could hang out more often since all her problems were now resolved. I asked her what they were, but she never wanted to tell me. Sorry, she told me that she was stuck somewhere and if she tried to get out of there she wouldn't live long.

   My phone rang and I didn't know where it was. Maybe I forgot it somewhere in my bed. If that was the case, I probably wouldn't find it until I throw everything on the ground. Again.

∞ ∞ ∞

   Four missed calls later, I finally found my fucking phone. I called MC back and the first thing I heard came, probably, from the background.

"Get that furball away from me you trust fund kid !"

"You'll learn to respect the beauty of Elizabeth the 3rd."

   What the hell?

"I'm sorry for them (Y/N). Are you ready ?"

"Almost. I have to eat, go in the shower quickly, then I'll be good to go".

"Great! I'll go pick you up!"

"My precious Elly! Come see daddy!" I heard a guy scream in the back.

   Kinky...

"Stay away, you cat abuser".

"Do you want to come now?" I asked my friend.

"Yes, please!"

   I laughed at her and send her my address. The last time she came to my place it was a year and a half ago and I moved since then.

"I'll see you there!" She said excitedly, then hung up.

   I sat at the table and ate my lunch. I'll do the dishes later, so I just let it in the sink. I went into the shower and I washed my body with my favourite body wash and my hair with my favourite shampoo. After that, I went, drumroll... Get dressed! What a surprise! Ok, bad joke aside, I got my (length) (f/colour (s)) dress then put it on.

   I heard a knock on my door. It should be MC. I opened the door and I saw my friend and a red-haired guy with mint eyes. I must admit, he was handsome.

"(Y/N), this is Saeran. He's one of the members of the RFA. Saeran This is my best friend. Also, he's like you, if you get what I mean".

   He didn't have a mark? Hm... Interesting...

"Are you ready?" she asked.

"Almost... Didn't you notice the towel on my head?"

   She laughed nervously. So, she didn't notice... Well, that was my friend for you.

   I removed the said towel, then brushed my hair. I took the top half of my hair and put a fancy hair clip. Now I was done! I took my purse and put my phone, my earphones, my wallet, and my keys in it.

   We were in the car and it was silent. Since Saeran was here I didn't know what to say. I could start talking to MC and then include Saeran in the conversation.

"Are you okay?" Saeran asked me.

"I am. Why?" I was confused.

"You're white. You seem like you're going to be sick".

   Honestly, I didn't feel so great. I had motion sickness since I was a kid. Normally I sat in front, listening to music and I closed my eyes.

"Didn't you tell me once that you have motion sickness?"

   Damn you MC!

"Yeah, but I'm ok, we're almost there anyway, right?"

"We are. If you think you need to get out of the car just tell me", Saeran told me.

"Ok, thank you".

   I just met him, but I think he's a good person... Yet, as I said, I don't know him.

   We arrived at the location of the party and I saw a lot of people. Too many for my liking.

"Could you remind me who invited all those people?" I asked.

"It's MC. Why?"

"Holy crap! How did you do that? I thought you were antisocial!"

   She laughed at me and Saeran was smiling. It was going to be fun!

∞ ∞ ∞

   It was not fun... MC wanted me to come to suffer with her. That she-devil...

   There were way too many people for my liking. Sighing, I got up to go to the toilet. There, I put water on my face, then I sat down. I breathed deeply trying to calm my heart. Why did I let my phone at the table? I had the impression that my heart would jump out of my chest any moment and I could barely see anything.