CHAPTER 13

KADAL'S POV
-Kadal: Eh?... What the hell is that shit, Ryujin? (afraid)
-Ryujin: Kadal, you can't see it, but this is all for your well-being... You must stop seeing that human... Can't you understand that it is dangerous for you?
-Kadal: Dangerous? Are you sure that that's the word you should use right now? Ryujin, look at you... You look as if you just took a blood bath... What the hell happened?! If something is dangerous right now... Then, it's you... (serious)

-Ryujin: You can't be serious

-Ryujin: You can't be serious... I did it all for us, everything so we can continue on being together as we always did!
-Kadal: I can't accept it... You just killed my girlfriend's friends, and hurted her almost to die... I don't think that I can trust you anymore... (sighs)
-Ryujin: DON'T CALL HER LIKE THAT! DON'T SAY SHE'S YOUR GIRLFRIEND! IT DRIVES ME INSANE! (really pissed)
-Kadal: Ryujin, I'm leaving...
-Ryujin: Huh? What?! Where?!
-Kadal: Far away... When you can't find me anymore... I'm sorry, but from now on, I'll live by myself with Lia (sighs)

I don't understand her... She has gone insane, to the point that I could even say that I'm afraid now. But I must protect Lia, and if this is the only way of doing it... Then, there's nothing else to say.

I enter my tent and carry Lia in my arms... I then get outside and start walking alone... But something surprises me... It's the first time that I see Ryujin crying.

She can't face me at all, and now she's completely broken... Being honest, this hurts me as well... As much as it hurts her, it's the first time that we are going to separate. But this is how it has to be...

RYUJIN'S POV
Why did this end this way? I did it all for us, so we could be together... But why? Why does he prefer to be with a human? Does he hate magical creatures after all?

Ugh, but what could I expect? If he hated himself being a magic creature, it was impossible for him to love someone like me... I guess that from now on, all the memories we shared, will be anything but nothing.

 I guess that from now on, all the memories we shared, will be anything but nothing

Kadal... Please take care, I just wish the best for you, you are my most precious person ever. I would say that you are more important to me than even my master Dahyun...

Kadal... Please, don't let those humans to take control over you. You are the moon's child, and because of that, you have a really shining light that no one can ever steal you... Don't let them change who you really are...

KADAL'S POV
-Time skip to the next day-

We are actually trying to run away from Nightfall and Ryujin... I got a map this morning, but since Lia hasn't woke up yet, we are resting under a tree while I revise it...

Suddenly, she starts moving, and opens her eyes meeting mine... She looks scared, really scared, I can see the horror inside her eyes... She saw how her friends died after all...

-Kadal: Good morning (smiles)
-Lia: (starts tearing) Kadal! (hugs you)
-Kadal: I know, I know... (pats her back) Don't worry, we are now safe, and I'll make sure that nothing happens to you... (smiles)
-Lia: She was crazy, she was out of control... And she said that it was a waste of food! Are we like chickens for her, or what?! (crying) I hate vampires... No, I hate all the magic creatures!
-Kadal: Don't worry, we are now away from them... (smiles)

Ouch, that kind of hurted... I'm the moon's child... But I would say that just at nights? During the day I'm just another human like her... So, I'm still able yo be by her side, right?

I only can breath in the sunlight, with my human form I'm accepted by everyone... That's why I'll keep secret my other me... I don't want Lia to leave me...

-Lia: Kadal... What will happen with my parents? They are probably worried about me...
-Kadal: Theyll think the worst because the citizens already found out your friends and... Jaemin...
-Lia: She killed Jaemin oppa as well?!
-Kadal: Apparently she wanted to eat... (sighs) But don't worry, now we are here (points to the map) And we'll go wherever you want...

-Lia: We'll need to start a new life? -Kadal: Yeah

-Kadal: Yeah... I guess that's how it is... (looks down)
-Lia: Hmm... I'm really glad that it is with you, then... (hugs you) I would probably feel really lonely without you, right now...
-Kadal: I would be lonely as well... You are the reason why I'm still here... (smiles) And I'm really sorry that we need to do this although we are still really young... I promise that I'll do my best to protect you from everything... (chuckles)
-Lia: (smiles) I know you will (kisses you)

Later on, once Lia calmed a bit and got to focus... We decided that we would move to Whitemount, and there we'll try to live by ourselves...

The truth is that I'm really scared, I have never been separated from Ryujin, I have always been by her side... But I can't forgive what she did, now I'll just focus on protecting Lia and hiding my night side...

About the food and so... I think that we could try on finding a job, and if not, I learnt some survival skills, so we won't die... I hope I'm able to make Lia happy...

-Kadal: Are you ready? (smiles)
-Lia: Are you sure that you know how to ride a horse? (a bit worried)
-Kadal: Of course, I've been raised in the forest... You don't need to worry about this kind of stuff... Just let me take care of you, okay? (smiles)
-Lia: (chuckles) Fine, thanks my love...
-Kadal: By the way, before we leave... Our horse doesn't have a name...
-Lia: Hmm, that's right he needs a name... How about... Kally? (chuckles) It's like a mix of our names...
-Kadal: I love it, let's head to Whitemount then! (smiles)

And just like that, we start heading to a new life style, to a new future. Sorry Ryujin, but you and the moon are now just another piece of my past...