-Red velvet cake (Part 1)-

"Dammit!" Frank shouted at the top of his lungs as his fists slammed into the counter in anger.

Mindie quickly looked over at Frank in concern, "What is it, Frank? What's all the fuss about?"

Frank gestured towards the soda machine, which was now leaking out a large puddle of soda.... And ice. Lots of ice...

"Oh... The soda machine broke again. Well that's a bummer...." Mindie mumbled under her breath as Frank just sat there in silence, watching the machine make even more of a mess then it already had...

Mindie quickly ran to a back room to grab a bucket and mop to clean the huge mess on the floor as Redshade and Austin walked into the nearly empty restaurant.

"Hey Frank, hey Mindie-" Redshade was quickly cut off by Mindie running past him, and to a back room as she mumbled nonsense to herself...
Redshade gave Frank a look of confusion, to which Frank pointed to the soda machine. "Soda machine's broken." He muttered.

".....I'lL gO hELp MinDiE wItH tHe wHOlE.... 'CleAniNG tHe mESs' tHInG" Austin muttered as he went after Mindie, who was now rushing out the back room with a mop, a few buckets of soapy water, and a few old rags in hand.

Mindie rushed over to the soda machine, unplugged it from the wall socket, and began to clean the mess of soda and ice.

Mindie looked at Austin, "Austin, dearie, can you help me out over here?" She asked.

"Oh, sUrE. I'lL hELp!" Austin quickly replied, as he began to put multiple towels and rags on the mess, in hopes of cleaning all of the soda.

While Austin and Mindie attempted to clean the mess, Redshade and Frank were just chatting about whatever came to mind. Well, Frank barely spoke at all, so calling it a chat is an overstatement.... Redshade did most of the talking and telling stories, while Frank just went around the bar section cleaning the tables and dusting the decorations that hung on the walls.

About an hour later, the mess the soda machine had made was gone, and the machine had an "Out of order" note on it.

"Well," Mindie sighed, "It sure did take a while, but it's the best we could do... Right, Austin?-"

"Oh, iS tHaT a ChoCoLatE cAke? It lOokS rEalLy gOoD- cAn I hAve a sLIce?!" Austin quickly asked as he rushed over to the cake that Mindie had made for a special day.

"Sorry darlin', but that cake is for one of my family members' birthday." Mindie explained, "Also, that's a red velvet cake... Not a chocolate cake, but I see how you'd mistake it for one..." Mindie noted, as she finished putting all of the cleaning supplies back in the back storage closet.

"Oh, that's sweet, who's birthday is it? Who's the cake for?" Redshade asked with excitement.

Mindie gritted her teeth in disgust as she said her name; "...Lauren... My stepsister..."
"WaIt, wHo tHe fUcK iS LaUReN?" Austin asked in confusion.
"Yeah, who's Lauren? I've never seen or heard about her down here..." Redshade said, as he noticed that Frank had a look of annoyance on his face.

"Oh, she's a bitch. An annoying, self-absorbed, entitled, and disrespectful bitch." Frank muttered in anger.

"Jesus christ, Frank, what did she do to you?" Redshade asked, surprised at how angry Frank sounded when he explained who Lauren was.

Mindie sighed, "Oh, darlin'.... If I were to list every bad thing she'd done throughout her life, her afterlife down here,and all the things she's done to Frank and a few others, we'd be here for a few days!" Mindie exclaimed.

"I sTilL wAnT a SliCe of CaKe... CaN I hAVe oNe? PlEAsE?" Austin politely asked.

"Austin, as much as I'd love to give you one, you can't. I'm sorry." Mindie said in sorrow.

Then, all of a sudden, the doors of the restaurant were loudly pushed open, as she had made her dramatic debut.

"Well speak of the devil..." Frank muttered, as he realized who had just entered his restaurant, dragging a certain someone behind her, by the tie around his neck...

"Mindie, if she hurts you, or anyone else, I swear to God- I will beat the shit out of her..." Frank muttered.

"Thank you Frank..." Mindie whispered.