3.

It was rather hard to concentrate, Con discovered, when the person taking you to meet your possible new boss was ten times more attractive than you will ever be, and your boss was about a thousand times better than him.

Louis, pronounced Lou-e not Lou-wis, was half way through his life story when they approached a rather large, cherry door with a fancy plaque reading Z.J.Malik. Louis offered a cheeky smile, opening the door and leading her inside.

Zayn was bent over his work, searching and searching through his loans checking, double checking, and triple checking that everything was paid up. He couldn’t have the law officials taking him without him having all of his money, no that simply would never do.

Louis coughed into his hand, allowing Zayn to look up. The pictures didn’t do him justice, Con thought. His cheek bones angled the light, letting it glisten through the hairs on his cheeks. His long hair was styled back in a way similar to Louis’s. He smiled in a sly manner revealing perfectly polished teeth. “It’s Connie, yes?”

Connie nodded a sudden attack of shyness hitting her. “Louis, what did you say to her? Poor thing, cat’s got her tongue something awful.” Louis chuckled with a squinty smile much like Zayn’s. “No matter, that’s not important, is it? No, what’s important your credentials.”

Zayn motioned to the two leather chairs that were positioned so he would face them both at the same time. He lifted himself upon the desk, dangling his legs to create a more comfortable, easy atmosphere. “You, my dear,” he called her dear, there is a God! This gorgeous man called her dear! “are more than qualified to run and fetch coffee and staple papers.”

“Thank you.” She mumbled bashful in the presence of what she was sure was a God and a little fairy.

“No, thank you!” Zayn stressed taking a swig of his bourbon. “Your skills allow me to get Louis back to work. He got hurt a couple month back and I had to move him to the front desk, but now, I can get him back to what he did before, while you help me with office work.”

“Seriously?” Con squeaked, glancing at Louis who seemed more than happy to get back to work.

Zayn chuckled, slow and seductive. “Seriously. All you have to do is tell me how desperately you want this job.”

Con would do anything for this job, so that’s what she said. “Anything? Situation must be tough then, aye Z?” Louis chuckled leaning back in his chair, his semi long auburn hair falling behind his head.

“It’s either this or I loan my uterus to the gay couple I live with.” Con stated not intending to be funny, but the bluntness mixed with the desperate look on her face made it comical.

“Okay, you’ve got it! Pay increases at this position, and the longer you work for me, the more you make. How’s that sound?” Zayn signed something, waiting for her response.

“Lovely.” She replied breathless.

“Now, Louis, go show her what to do, send Harry to me as soon as he comes in, oh, and Con?” It was going to take a while for her to get used to how Zayn let everything out in one go.

“Yes?” She and Louis rose from their chairs, making their way to the front.

“When you get home tell Liam that he’s working with me tonight, and tell Niall not to worry, we won’t be out late.” Zayn eyed Con from where she sat, staring her up and down. She was a pretty girl, beautiful really, he couldn’t decide if he wanted to make her one of his kittens or not, it was throwing him that she looked like Harry would if he were female.

“O-okay.” She choked out; she didn’t know they worked for Malik. Well, everyone in London worked for him in some way, but she didn’t know that it was directly.