Chapter 3-There's Gonna be Some Walkin'

"Just a quick twist here," an older Izuku was sitting down in his wheelchair, odd metal restraints were on his legs. "And," he held onto the screwdriver tightly as he turned it to the right, "there we go. All done!" He beamed at his latest invention, "now all I need to do," he grabbed a little plunger that was attached to the end of a wire. "Is put this here," he stuck the plunger onto the back of his neck, directly above his spine. It's cold, rubbery texture made the hairs on his neck stand up, "now all that's left to do is click the button and start it up." He reached over to his right thigh and put his hand over a button; he clicked it. A mechanical whirr slowly started up, becoming louder as time passed on. He took in a deep breath, "well, I guess it's time to test them out." Izuku grabbed the arms of his wheelchair and pushed himself up. He didn't fall at all, instead he had stood there.

        There was no lying about it, Izuku was actually standing. For the first time in years he was actually standing. "T-they work?" A beaming smile appeared on his face as he tried to take a step forward. He bent his leg before taking a step forward, "I am a genius!" He cried out as his foot touched the ground, signifying that he could finally walk. But that soon ended when a smoky scent wafted into his nose causing him to look down. "Crap," he exclaimed before clicking the button again, the power box it was connected to was sparking and smoking. The moment he did he collapsed to the ground, the metal bracing wasn't strong enough to hold him up alone. It hurt when he hit the floor, but he disregarded the pain and began to undo the binds that tied the restraints to himself.

Within a minute, Izuku had gotten the devices off of himself and slumped his head down further. "It's nearly been two years," he held one of the braces in his hand. "And I still can't get the goddamn design right!" He tossed the brace at the wall behind him as he turned red. It hit the wall with a thud and fell down like a missile, "why do I even try?" Seeing as he fell onto his back, Izuku got onto his stomach and crawled backwards. His pulse was pounding in his ears due to how enraged he was, it was quick and heavy like a war drum. When he backed up enough, he pushed himself off of the ground and grabbed one of the arms on his wheelchair. He pulled himself up and faced the seat before turning around and sitting down, he then pulled his feet onto the footrest below. "Right..." he looked at the calendar hung above his desk, it was currently Saturday, April 9th, 2253 to be exact. Thirteen days before the entrance exams for U.A begin. He'd have to be a fool in order to pass up the opportunity to take the exam, especially with his immaculate intelligence. "That's the reason."

Izuku sighed before wheeling himself over to the bracing and picking it up. Izuku rolled back over to the desk and began to examine it for damage, "I need a stronger power source." He muttered as he skimmed over each individual strip, screw, and bolt on the makeshift leg brace. "But what should I use?" He looked over the brace without having locked his wheelchair in place, causing it to slowly move backwards. He sighed and grabbed the edge of the desk; he pulled himself forward and bumped the desk. The faint sound of paper rubbing against the wall could be heard, "there shouldn't be anything behind there." He wheeled himself away from the desk and went around the side, pushing it away from the wall Izuku discovered a small, rolled up paper. Raising his eye brow, he unrolled the paper, a circular design that couldn't be bigger than a tennis ball was drawn on it. "What...what is this?" He skimmed the writing along the sides of it, "runs off of the heart? How the hell would that work?" Izuku pondered for a few moments, "I'd need to somehow get the pulse of the heart to move a powerful magnet in a circle. Then, and only then, should it work," he looked at the bracings again. With a bright smile he grabbed ahold of them and placed them under the desk, "well, I have thirteen days, shouldn't be that bad."

But it would prove to be a daunting task; Izuku had assumed that he'd be able to complete this inane power device in under a week. However, it had been eleven days and he had no idea how he'd be able to implant it within himself. "Maybe I could..." he stared up at his ceiling, the device within his right hand, "no. That'd never work, not for another decade, at least." He clenched his right fist, but was pricked by something small and sharp, "ow! What the hell?" He tilted his head forward and looked at the device, it had a little spike on it that was coated in dried out blood. A small stab wound the size of a safety pin was on the tip of Izuku's finger, "oh, heh, kind of forgot about that." He sighed, "I really need to take a break from this, I'm already forgetting about this stuff." He grabbed the singular shirt that was on his floor and used it as a bandage as he began to wheel out of the room. The small power source was in his lap as he rolled out of the door and into the hallway. "Well look who's out of his room," he heard a masculine voice say from the kitchen behind him. "Good Morning dad," he turned around and faced Hisashi.