25

"First," Erza announced a few days later looking over the breakfast table, "You boys must travel safely."

"Thanks, Mrs. Scarlet but we - " Sting began.

Erza pulled two large swords out and studied them.

"DON'T NEED THOSE!" Sting finished.

"No, you're right, too apparent," Erza nodded, "An ax would be better."

"Dear," Jellal sighed, "They've made it this far."

"On dumb luck and circumstance," Erza concluded scouring the room for different weapons.

Kagura put her head in her hands and sighed.

"Second," Jellal began, dismissing his wife's antics, "Your plan to travel to Magnolia is a good one, if what you say is true and your friends are there... you'll at least have someone you can trust. If there's any chance that your parents left something for you or that the rebellion is looking for you, you'll have a better chance of finding them in Magnolia."

"What, because of the library there?" Sting questioned.

"No," Jellal scoffed, "Because of the guild."

"The guild?" Rogue echoed.

"Fairy Tail," Jellal smiled. The two dragon slayers noticed that Erza froze a bit at that name.

"I've never heard of them," Sting shrugged.

Jellal laughed and shook his head, "Course you haven't... Acnologia despises that guild of rebellious mages. Your parents were members of that guild, adding to Acnologia's animosity. Fairy Tail does what it wants when it wants to... or at least it used to."

"What happened?" Rogue asked.

"The same thing that happened to the world," Jellal answered, "Acnologia came and fear took hold."

"No matter how far that guild has fallen from grace, I assure you that you will be safe there," Erza stated turning to the boys, "I swear to you that if there is anyone to trust, it is a Fairy Tail member."

Rogue looked to Sting.

"Alright, so it sounds like we're running past the guild and the library once we get to Magnolia," Sting chuckled.

"Indeed," Rogue nodded, his mind on the guild that his parents had been a part of.

"Third," Erza announced, turning away from her weapons and looking at the boys, "You came here to hide your scents from the dragon hunters. It's time we did that."

"Uh - I hate to be that kid, but we've taken like thirty showers since we've been here and it hasn't even been a week. I'm pretty sure the smell of lavender soap is going to murder the nose of the poor slayer I come across," Sting denied.

"We'd be very appreciative," Rogue sighed, ignoring his brother.

"Then, up you get," Erza ordered walking around the table and picking up a small burlap sack from it. The two slayers stood up, slightly concerned and watched as the scarlet haired woman opened the sack and reached in. She pulled out a powdery substance and flung it on to the slayers. She then raised her hand and closed her eyes. Erza murmured something and the dust on Sting and Rogue glowed faintly and then vanished.

"What the heck was that?" Sting demanded, dusting off his clothes.

"Smell yourselves," Kagura smiled.

Sting smelled his sleeve, "I don't smell anything."

"She means; smell each other," Jellal chuckled.