29

The rebellion's headquarters was, in a word, incredible.

Hidden in a mountain valley that was covered with concealment enchantments the headquarters lay dormant and hidden. The valley itself was gorgeous, blanketed in soft green grass and surrounded by mighty cliffs that jutted into the blue sky and dropped off steeply. Tents dotted the valley, all of different sizes and shapes. At the center of the camp was a large firepit where a variety of people were making dinner.

Sting and Rogue were led to a set of empty tents alongside the Sabertooth mages.

"We set em' up for you, figured it would be too long before we found you guys," Orga laughed.

At the speed of light, two figured flew out of the tents and made straight for the dragon slayers. 

"STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!" Lector cried barreling into the blonde and gripping his lined shirt with his paws.

"BUDDY!" Sting grinned after he caught himself from stumbling backward.

"Rogue!" Frosch called running forward, arms outstretched.

"FROSCH!" Rogue practically threw himself onto the ground so he could wrap his arms around the frog-dressed cat.

"Rogue-guu, why'd you goooo?" Frosch demanded pitifully.

"I'm so sorry Frosch," Rogue cried comically as he hugged the small cat.

"It's okay," Frosch yipped. "I forgive you."

Rogue held the exceed closer.

"I don't deserve you, Frosch," Rogue cried, tears streaming from his face.

"I could'a helped you, Sting! You didn't have to leave me behind!" Lector cried, clearly upset as he freed himself from Sting's hug. He hovered with his angelic wings outstretched and his paws crossed.

"Sorry Buddy, I couldn't risk you getting hurt if Acnologia and his goons tracked us down," Sting explained.

"And what would I have done if you'd been caught, HUH?" Lector challenged, flailing his paws angrily.

"Well, I hope you would've tried to break me out," Sting laughed sheepishly.

Lector's eyes widened and he, once again, there himself into Sting's arms.

"WELL, OF COURSE, I WOULD'VE STING-KUN!!" Lector yelled. 

The Sabertooth mages looked on and smirked.

"Alright, where the hell is he?!" someone yelled.

"Gray Fullbuster, if you take one more step I will drop kick you where you stand!" the voice of Charle rang out.

"Outta my way! Where the hell is he!?" that same someone yelled, undaunted by the white cat's threat.

Sting and Rogue turned as a tall man pushed the Sabertooth mages again. He wore nothing but a pair of black pants and a silver cross around his neck, there was a Fairy Tail emblem tattooed on his chest. His dark hair, which was streaked with light grey hairs, flared into the air and his eyes seemed cold and hard. Those eyes fixed on Sting and narrowed.

"You're supposed to be on watch, Fullbuster! You're leaving us exposed!" Charle scolded in her cat form as she flew up next to the man.

Gray scoffed and walked up to Sting. The two men varied in height only by an inch with the dark-haired man, apparently named Gray, being the taller of the two. Still, Sting felt somewhat intimidated by the man and something about his face made him want to punch him and break his jaw.

Gray peered at Sting, studying him.

"The hell's your problem?" Sting growled, his eyes sparking aggressively.