Alcohol in hand

"Hey Jer, how are you" Blair spoke as she walked up to her brother. It had been almost four months since the pair had last seen each other, that was due to the fact that Jeremy had been working in New York. He had found himself a once in a lifetime job opportunity there for modelling. It came as a surprise to both of them as Jeremy had always found himself on the other side of the camera but after one photoshoot it felt natural to him. 

"Hey B, I'm great, works been amazing I have so much to tell you about it, gosh we haven't seen each other in ages. How have you been?" He asked, curious to hear the latest about the new man in her life. Jeremy had read all over the news outlets about his sister and her new beau, but he wanted to hear it from her. Of course, they had kept up to date with each other but this was one of those things that needed to be told face to face, to them at least. 

"I'm alright, well I mean I thought I was. It's just boy drama, I'm sure you would much rather talk about other things." It wasn't that she didn't want to talk to her brother about this, she really did however she didn't want to feel selfish and talk about herself the whole time. 

"Oh nonsense, come on tell me. you know I'll always listen to your boy problems or girl problems it doesn't matter." Jer pushed her to let out her frustrations. 

"Okay so you know about Tom and I, right?" He shook his head. "Right well, we've been going pretty well if I say so myself. So at the moment he is away shooting a movie, I think he's been gone about 3 weeks now and we have messaging and face timing and all that good stuff. But where it starts to get tricky was last night when we were calling and then when he ended the call he told me he loved me." Blair let her emotions pour out, not really knowing what those emotions being. 

"Oh okay wow that's a lot. Well, do you love him? I think that's the big question here." Jeremy asked wanting to know his sisters' feelings towards the British boy.

"I'm not too sure, I mean I think so. But I don't know what love feels like, in that sense. I mean sure I love you and all my friends but I have never had a relationship like this." Blair explained. this was the first time she was really saying what she truly thought. Making her think, did she really love tom? 

"Well, I think that's something you need to work out. I totally understand what your saying though, it was what happened with Emily and me. I was in your exact position and if I'm being honest I never did love her, but I told her I did. I wasn't good for either of us. What I'm trying to say is try to get an understanding of your feelings but don't drag Tom though things he doesn't need to be put through." Jeremy explained. This was one thing Jer had never told Blair, she had really thought that he had loved her but apparently not.

"Yeah okay yeah, I think I know what I have to do. Anyway, that's too much about me, what have you been up to?  How has work been?" Blair questioned trying to get the attention away from herself, wanting to know more about what her brother had been doing in the time that they had been away from each other. 

"It has been amazing these last couple of month. I've been doing so many shoots and meeting so many people. There was something I actually wanted to tell you." Blair nodded her head encouraging him to go on. "I've actually met someone. Her name is Paloma Elsesser, she's also a model you might know her." He continued revealing that fact that he now had a girlfriend. 

"Oh my god, holy shit. No way your kidding right? You're dating the one and only Paloma Elsesser, this feels like a fever dream. Dude, I'm really happy for you, you know." She expressed her feelings toward the new lady in her brother's life. 

"Well, I now know that I don't have to worry about you not liking her" He joked with her. "Nah seriously I'm glad you like her, I mean as much as you can considering you haven't met her" Jeremy explained. It had been playing on his mind that his sister wouldn't like his new girlfriend but when Blair said this it put him at ease.

After hearing of the news of her brother and Paloma, Blair could not wipe the smile off her face. She could not be any happier for the pair, especially Jeremy. this had been his first serious relationship for a couple of years, that due to the heartbreak of his previous girlfriend. Finally seeing him happy made her happy as well. 

"Well, I'm just glad you're happy. Now just don't go round getting her pregnant anytime soon, don't need another one of you for a little while." Blair laughed as she cracked the joke at her brother. 

"Oh trust me you don't need to worry about that." 

"Before I forget, I'm leaving for London in a couple of days," Blair added

"Really? how come, you got a new project?" Jer questioned.

"Yeah I've been cast in the new Queen biopic, sound sick doesn't it?" Blair grinned, knowing her brother loved the band almost as much as she did.

"Holy shit Blair congratulations!" 

The rest of their lunch seemed to fly by chatting about all things from work to little thing going on in their life at the time. they had both missed being around each other. They had gone from seeing each other every day to not knowing when the next time would be. It sounded very sad if you think of it but they made up for it through the use of messaging. 

***

After leaving her brother Blair had a little more understanding on her situation with Tom. Still not entirely sure were she stood though, she called up Lizzie, inviting her over thinking she may be able to help with her current situation. 

Blair liked to think that Lizzie was one of her best friends and that was true, she was. Lizzie probably knew Blair better than she knew her self. So when Blair had asked her to come over she knew that she would be needing a bottle of alcohol in hand. 

And that was exactly what happened. Blair had explained and spilt her feelings towards the current problem at hand, not entirely with a clear head this time. 

"I'm not too sure Liz, I don't know if I'm ready for something like this. I mean yeah I really like him but we've dated for only a couple of months, that's a big step in a relationship" Blair sighed. She would never have said this if she was sober however they do say drunk words are sober thoughts. 

"You just have to make sure that if you do continue with this relationship it's for the right reasons because you can't pretend that you're in love for the sake of it, or to save Toms' feelings from getting hurt. They will only be more hurt in doing so." Lizzie explained. she didn't want to see either of her friends get hurt.

Although inevitable for both to come out of the relationship happy Blair couldn't do that to Tom. She knew that it would hurt him too much. Blair knew what she had to do.

A/n

Woo some drama! hope you enjoy