Chapter 3: Kusagakure >Part 1<

"That was delicious Ms. Tsukino! Thank you again for allowing Sayomi and I to eat with you." Ayumi thanked Miyu's mother as she bowed before slipping her shoes on.

Sayomi did the same, "It was wonderful to be in a family setting again, thank you."

Miyu's mother smiled gently and replied with a small chuckle, "Please dears, call me Nami. Ms Tsukino makes me feel old. Please feel free to come by anytime alright?"

Sayomi and Ayumi nodded as a small graced their lips, "Thank you."

Ayumi turned to Miyu, "And thank you for inviting us Miyu, I hope we work well together."

Miyu nodded with a small smile of her own, "You're welcome! And, me too. I didn't get along with my Getsugakure team very well.."

Ayumi nodded slightly in understanding, "I know how that is. It sucks."

Miyu nodded again, "Yeah, I'll see you guys tomorrow though!"

Sayomi and Ayumi waved goodbye as they left and began walking to their own home.

"Ne, Ayumi.. What do you think we'll be doing tomorrow?" Sayomi questioned as they continued walking.

Ayumi shrugged her shoulders, "I dunno. We could do a really crappy and boring mission like what we did in Hoshigakure when we first became genin or she might trust us since we've all been genin longer than the graduates here. So it's 50/50 I guess."

Sayomi hm'ed in agreement. "You're probably right. I hope she'll trust us and we can go on a bigger mission."

Ayumi laughed, "You just don't want to do ten simple missions."

Sayomi stuck her tongue out, "So? I'd rather do one awesome, bigger mission than like ten dumb, small missions. It's common. I bet that's how everyone is."

Ayumi rolled her eyes and shook her head, "Not everyone. Some people don't mind the way things are y'know."

This time, Sayomi rolled her eyes. "Yeah, people like you."

"Exactly." Ayumi agreed.

As the girls turned the corner to finish the walk to their home, Ayumi was staring up at the sky and surrounding rooftops when she saw a shadowed figure on one of them. When she looked closer, she saw it was Sasuke Uchiha.

"Hm?" Ayumi mumbled to herself as she looked closer. He looked incredibly conflicted and stressed.

"Oi! Sasuke-san!" Ayumi stopped and called out to him.

Confusion crossed his face as he looked around for the voice that called to him until he saw Ayumi and Sayomi, whom had stopped when she realized Ayumi wasn't walking still.

"Tch. Get lost." Sasuke stated with his famous scowl.

Ayumi's eyebrow twitched in annoyance as she shouted back, "Jerk! I was just gonna ask what was wrong, as a concerned comrade!"

Sasuke's scowl deepened at the word comrade, "We aren't comrades. You're an outsider." With that, he vanished to his own home.

Ayumi and Sayomi stared with wide eyes at the place he once stood, in shock. Sure, they heard how loved Sasuke was by the girls while they were around the village and how all the guys hated him or was jealous of him, that he was a huge jerk but they never thought he was this harsh.

"Come on, Ayu-chan.. Let's get home.." Sayomi spoke quietly, knowing that what Sasuke had said, hurt Ayumi deeply.

Ayumi's gaze dropped to the street and nodded, following Sayomi's feet as they finished walking home.