➳ THIRTY SEVEN

XXXVII.
DONT YOU FORGET ABOUT ME

Ruth had never had boy problems, only with Casper whenever his short temper snapped

Ruth had never had boy problems, only with Casper whenever his short temper snapped. But now, dating Fred Weasley, Ruth found herself going to her sisters for help.

"I don't know what to do," Ruth groaned. She was lying on her bed, textbooks and pieces of parchment surrounding her; NEWTs were another upcoming task she had to face. "He's just- I don't know. We always seem to be in some sort of fight."

"What are you fighting about now?" Katrina asked. She too was surrounded by books, but they weren't as messily sprawled.

"He got jealous of Casper and I," Ruth told her. "He thinks Casp has a crush on me, which is completely false."

"He feels threatened," Poppy commented.

Ruth groaned again, sitting up. "When we secret friends, he wasn't like this. We got on so much better."

"We'll you're not just friends now, Ruth," Poppy smiled. "You're boyfriend and girlfriend. Things are going to be different."

"But things don't usually get worse," Katrina informed her sisters. "You know Ruth, sometimes couples just don't work out."

"But I want it to work out," Ruth cried. "I really do. I just wish it was like before."

"Have you spoken to him lately?" Poppy asked. During this conversation, she had been trying to study Transfiguration, but she decided to give up and shut her textbook.

"No," Ruth said bitterly. "He's being all secretive with George. I never see either of them around."

"I never see them either," Katrina admitted. "It's strange."

"The only time I hear about them is when they pull pranks," Poppy added. "They've been doing that a lot more lately too."

"They couldn't do many big pranks because of Umbridge so they stuck with smaller ones all year," Katrina continued. "But now they're going all out with fireworks and dungbombs. I'd say they're in detention every day of the week."

Ruth's eyes were focused on the window as her sisters spoke. It was a clear Saturday afternoon. Usually, couples would take this opportunity to stroll around the castle together, taking a well needed break from studying. But instead, Ruth was with her sisters, discussing her boyfriend problems.

"How do I even approach him?" Ruth asked. "He's never around. Not even at dinner. Or in classes."

"You could go to his dorm," Katrina suggested. "I bet that's where he and George are hiding out all the time."