CHAPTER 25

After her exams ended, Tess and Álvaro planned to go out at the weekend.

"We can go to the beach", Tess suggested.

"Yeah. Its a good time for beach", Álvaro said.

"So its done. We will go to the beach. I'll make us lunch"

"You will cook?", Álvaro asked in a teasing voice.

"Yes. I can cook"

"Okay then"

Two days later :-

"Babe are you home?", asked Tess over phone.

"Yeah"

"Can I come?? I really miss you and want to see you", Tess said in a cute voice.

He chuckled. "Okay hun"

Tess got ready and got in her car. She usually never drives, except emergencies. And missing her love was an emergency.

It was her third signal. After that she took a turn at right. Suddenly someone jumped in front of her car. She applied brakes.

There was a bang. Her car hit the girl.

"Oh my God!! Oh my God", Tess panicked. She came out of the car. The girl was laying on the road. There was no blood. Tess couldn't see her face as she was wearing hoodie.

Tess looked around. There was no one to help. She bent down and shook the girl.

"Hey are you okay?", asked Tess terrified.

There was no response from the girl.

Now Tess tried to turn over the girl. As she turned her over, she was shocked to see the face. It was Lauren.
Tess was both shocked and terrified. Thousands of thoughts were running in her mind. She was going to touch Lauren's face when she opened her eyes.

"Are you okay?", asked Tess.

"I am but you will be not", she said.

As she said thise words, something hit Tess's head from back. Everything went black for her and she fell on the ground.

//

It was 7 pm. Tess said she said coming at 5. Álvaro called her.

"The number you are trying to call is unreachable", said over the phone.

His gut feeling was not good. He took his car keys and drove towards her home. On the way he kept on calling her.

"The number you are trying to call is unreachable", it repeated.

Alvaro was kind of becoming worried. He reached her home. The lights were on. So he thought she might be at home only.

He went up to the front door and pressed the bell. Her mom opened the door.

"Hello Mrs. Rosewood. Is Tess hime?", Álvaro asked politely.

"She left home around 4:30 pm saying she is going for a group study"

"Yes, she was supposed to come at my home for some suggestions but she didn't. That's why I came to check up on her"

Her mother's expression changed. She became worried. "You are saying that she never reached your home?"

Now Álvaro became worried too. All the bad thoughts started coming up in his mind.

"I tried her phone but its unreachable too"

Both Alvaro and Tess's parents decide to go out and look for her. Álvaro was having a feeling that it has something to do with Lauren. He drove to her apartment.

Álvaro parked his car and ran upto her apartment.

"Lauren open the door", Álvaro shouted and banged the door.

He kept on saying, "Open the door Lauren". But there was no response.

Out of anger he broke down the door. It was dark inside. He switched on the lights. There was no one. The place was a mess.

He went through the room. Her clothes were missing. And some of her other things too. She left with all the important things.

Álvaro threw the things that were on the table kept beside the wardrobe. He was boiling with anger. His face was red. He wanted to burn down that place. Lauren took Tess with her. He doesn't know what will she do to Tess. He failed to protect her love. Once again.

Álvaro met Tess's parents back at their home. Her mom was devastated. They knew that her daughter have been kidnapped. Álvaro couldn't say them the truth now.

It was around midnight. Mr and Mrs Rosewood decided to go to the police. Álvaro also thought it was the best thing to do for now.

Police did took a complaint and took action soon. Álvaro knew that he have to tell the truth in order to find Tess.

He returned home. For now the police will do the basic search. He sat there in the couch. Tears bursted out. He covered his face in his hands and cried. His heart was tearing apart. He failed to protect the only person who meant everything to him. The only love. All he could remember was how happy she was when she said him that she is coming to meet him. Little did he knew that she would get kidnapped, he would have never allowed her.

May be that smiling happy face of her is now full fear.

"What have you done Alvaro, what have you done??!!?", he cursed himself.

//

When Tess gained her senses, all she could feel was pain that was killing her head. She slowly opened her eyes. The room was filled with yellow light coming from the bulb.

She groaned in pain. She was thirsty. As she tried to move she realised she couldn't. At this time she realised she was sitting on the floor, her hands were locked together with a cuff above her head and both her legs were cuffed  separately. There was no one in the room.

"HELP", she shouted.

"PLEASE HELP ME!!!", she shouted again but in vain. She realised there's no one who can hear her.

Tears came in her eyes. All she could remember was hitting Lauren with her car. Then she realised it was her doing. She realised that she is being kidnapped by Lauren.