CHAPTER 28

"Kinley what's with the gun?", asked Alvaro.

"Oh this", Kinley scoffed, "you will see. Now give the money and take your girl", he said and pushed Tess towards Alvaro.

Alvaro threw the bag of money and Tess ran in his arms. he hugged her tightly. He felt such a huge relief. Tess kept on crying in his arms. 

"It's okay baby girl. You are here with me now", Alvaro hushed Tess.

It was then when the police cars arrived.

"You traitor", said Kinley. "You fucking called the police??"

The police cars stopped. Kinley understood there was no time to waste. He have to run. Otherwise its an end for him again. He have to go to jail again. He's so mad at Alvaro for betraying him.

Lauren picked up the bag of money and was going to run when Kinley shot her. 

Alvaro and Tess both were shocked by the sudden gun shot sound. Tess screamed and clutched Alvaro's shirt harder. He wrapped his arms around her as if protecting her. Alvaro looked at Kinley. Kinley wants to take all the money for himself. he picked the bag up and turned around Alvaro. Then he pulled his trigger once again.

In moment Alvaro turned Tess and put his back towards Kinley. The bullet shot Alvaro's shoulder. He groaned.

"Nooo...", screamed Tess. Alvaro slowly sank in her arms 

KInley had to run. He got in his car and was going to start it when Jacob arrived and pulled him by his collar from the car's window. 

"Not so easily", Jacob said. He pulled Kinley out by his collar. He struggled to get out of his grip but two more officers came and cuffed him up.

Lauren was dead as she was shot at his heart. Jacob ran towards Tess and Alvaro.

Alvaro was laying on ground with blood still oozing out while Tess was crying helplessly. 

"Hey Tess, Tess", said Jacob, "stop crying. Get a hold. We will take both of you to hospital. Don't worry, nothing will happen to him"

Soon Tess and Alvaro were taken to hospital. Tess's parents met her at the hospital. After her treatment she was asleep for three hours. When she woke up she saw her parents beside her bed. 

"Mom", Tess said in a crying voice and hugged her.

"Oh Tess",  her mother hugged her. "You okay my baby?? Does it hurt anywhere??" 

"I am fine", Tess paused for a second before realising about Alvaro, "How...how's Alvaro? Where is he?"

"He's out of surgery but still unconscious. There's no need to worry. He's out of danger", Jacob said.

"And what about Ki...Kinley?", Tess asked in a scared voice.

"He's arrested. No need to worry. Proper judgement will be take against him. I don't think this time he will be left easily. He will have a life imprisonment", Jacob assured Tess.

After feeling a little better Tess decided to visit Alvaro in his room. Alvaro was still unconscious with his oxygen masking on. His shoulder was bandaged. His face was pale. Tess sat beside him and took his hand in hers.

"Thank you love for saving me", Tess said in a broken voice. "I am so sorry that you have to go through such a pain because of me. I am a mess for you"

Hours later Alvaro woke up. He found Tess sitting beside him.

"Tess", said Alvaro in a tired voice. 

"Hey love"

"You alright ?"

"you should be thinking about yourself instead of me. You are the one who was shot"

"Hmm"

"Thank you for saving my life"

"I had to. Because you are my life"

Tess blushed. Alvaro caressed her cheeks.

//

3 YEARS LATER :-

"Okay now stand there and..." 

There was a sound of click. Tess giggled. 

"Wow, you look so great", Alvaro said.

"okay now a group selfie", requested Tess.

"okay okay"

Then all of them stood together. Alvaro, Tess and her parents.

"One, two, three"

Today Tess graduated. It was a bittersweet feeling. She was glad that her studies are over but she also have to leave college now. She will complete her higher studies remaining here only and will also take classes to apply for teaching in college.

"I am so proud of you my baby girl", Alvaro said as he pulled her cheeks.

Tess chuckled. "By the way where's my graduation gift??" demanded Tess.

"Hmm... that one you will get once you reach back home"

As Tess returned home she found a box over her bed. She opened it with all excitement. there was blue dress with earrings and shoes. And a letter.

"Wear these and be ready at 8 pm. I'll come to pick you up. XOXO"

Tess was ready before time. She was just waiting for the doorbell to ring. 

Alvaro was on time. He was wearing a black suit. Tess came out of her room and walked downstairs.

Alvaro looked at her. It looked like a princess was coming down the stairs.

"You look beautiful"

"Thanks", Tess blushed.

Alvaro took her to a expensive outdoor restaurant. As Tess walked, she saw the place slowly light up. There was a table in the middle of the garden which was beautifully decorated. 

She looked at him with awe. 

They had their dinner with dessert and wine. 

"Alvaro this is so good"

"You liked it?"

"Loved it. Thank you. This is the best gift I've ever got"

"Its still not over"

The music started and Alvaro asked for Tess's hand. Tess blushed. Like a gentleman Alvaro danced with Tess.

"I love you", said Tess as she rested her head over his shoulder.

"I love you too" Alvaro replied.

It looked so good. Two people who loved each other, who overcame everything to be together are finally happy and dancing under the sky full of stars. The moon was also bright. It seemed the moon was happy for them too.

X*X*X*X*X  THE  END X*X*X*X*X

Thank you guys for reading my fanfiction. It felt really great to write it. Thanks for all the love and support. Keep reading ♥️♥️