Chapter 6.

The quiet dampness of the hospital gives me a weird vibe. I look at the floor and try to put my hand onto Sayori's. She doesn't move. A nurse walks out of the room and I squeeze Sayori's hand, hoping to God that they're okay.

"I'm sorry." They were simple words but you wouldn't know the weight they carried. "No." Sayori says. Her face is pale and her eyes look dull. Tears start coming out with every blink. I hold onto her as tight as I can. I just lost my best friends. I don't want them to go.

~

I'm dreaming. Another dream. I want to bring them back. A voice rings in my ear.

"You life isn't real. You see, you can program this any way you want. But you can't make them come back."

It's not real.

It's not real.

It's not real.

It's not real.

It's not real.

"Isn't it beautiful, Sayori?" I ask, taking her soft hand and gracefully leading her around. The trees are a bright blue, SQUIP-style, there's a rest chair like they have in parks and there's and endless void. "Truly." She smiles. She's beautiful. 

~

Sayori arrives at my door with tears in her eyes. "Monika, I can't do this anymore." 

"W-what?! Sayori, I loved you! I don't know- Wh-"

"The deaths of Natsuki and Yuri, my crippling depression, The fact I'm so insecure- I can't. I'm sorry."

I cry.

Everything will be happy one day.