Love and Laziness

I took our plates back to the kitchen as Sam finished the last few chapters of his book. He told me that he'd be done soon. After washing the dishes, I started setting up the nest of pillows and blankets that would soon be engulfing us. Even after building the pillow palace to perfection, Sam was still in his room.

I will admit that patience is not a virtue of mine, but I was proud of how long I waited before going back in to annoy him. I'd say it was at least a solid fifteen minutes.

"Sam-a-lam! Are you done reading yet? I'm bored and I want to watch a movie or give you a massage or do something with you."

"Gabe, I swear I'll be out soon. This book is absolutely amazing. You should read it! I think you'd like it."

"You know I'm not a reader."

"I think there's a movie version. Do you want to try and find it so we can watch it together?"

"Will do, sir!" I said with a mock salute. I rented the movie online, popped some popcorn, and settled in to wait for my boyfriend to join me. The pillow palace was so soft and warm that I ended up dozing off. I'm not sure how long I was out for, but I do know that when I woke up it was because Sam flopped down next to me.

"Popcorn, a pillow fort, and pretty boyfriend all in one place. I must be in heaven," he said lovingly. As we watched the movie, he kept telling me to pause it so he could explain how that scene had played out in the book. Normally when people do that, it annoys the hell out of me, but with Sam I found it adorably dorky.

When we finished Sam kept saying how the book was so much better than the movie. In my opinion, it was a pretty good movie, but from Sam's explain of the book I could see why he wouldn't be a huge fan of the adaptation. According to him, they completely changed the ending from how it was in the book.

"I'm sorry that that movie wasn't what you expected."

"Me too. I was hoping it would be exactly like the book so you would understand why I enjoyed the book so much."

"Well, I did enjoy the movie, but I also enjoyed your constant comments on way the movie was worse than the book. Now if you are ready for your massage please go to my bedroom and undress to your comfort level." I didn't even wait for a reply before I left to gather my supplies. Last night I'd learned all about lotions, oils, pressure points and hot rocks. Time to put my knowledge into use.

I knew that he would do what I said, but it was still somewhat shocking to walk into my room and see Sam laying face down on my bed with only his boxers and moose slippers on.

"Damn, Sam!"

"Quit gawking, Gabe. It's not like you haven't seen me before," Sam said gruffly, but I could see the blush that was creeping onto his cheeks. "I was looking forward to the massage, but if all you're going to do is stand there and stare at me then I'll put my clothes back on and read some more."

"Don't you dare! I'm sorry, but it's hard not to stare at my smoking hot boyfriend!" I set all my supplies down on the nightstand. "Before we start can I ask you a quick question?"

"Go for it."

"Why did you keep the slippers on."

"My feet get cold easily." That made sense since I'd never seen Sam without socks on.

Sam was extremely tense. I definitely had my work cut out for me, but I knew that I was up to the challenge. I started by locating the points of his body that were holding the most tension. I'd work my magic on those key points then some hot rocks in that location to keep it loose while I went to work somewhere else.