Act 4: escape to the city

"So you've been spying on us for like ten years?" Penny asked the Blue hedgehog after he explained how he had been hiding on earth after his exile." I mean I wouldn't call it spying, We were all just hanging out, except I wasn't invited and no one knew I was there." he told her as they rounded the corner to her house.

Suddenly Bolt started growling as they saw some Suvs parked in front of her house, sonic quickly hid in the bushes and penny followed." ok now I know why he didn't want me back at the house." Penny thought as she looked through the bushes." I think if I'm fast enough I can go in, get the stuff we need and head back out without being seen." Sonic told her as he started stretching." you sure you can do it? There's a lot of guys there." Penny told him as Bolt kept watch." penny, I've been hiding on earth for 10 years, I think I can handle a few guys." sonic replied, Penny was reluctant, but sighed as she started making a list of essentials they may need, then Gave it to sonic." ok... I'm going in." sonic told her as he ran into the house.

From her perspective, it only looked like a few minutes, but from sonics perspective, time slowed down, for him, giving him time to explore the house, when he got in there, he saw what looked like men in body armor and helmets, wearing some kind of Cat-eye symbol on their chest and wielding guns. The hedgehog decided to mess around." alright, time for a scavenger hunt." he told himself as he started looking around the house and checking stuff off of the list, including a backpack, extra hygiene, some extra clothes for penny, and after he found a code to the safe, he found a few rolls of cash they could use to get food. After that, he found his backpack with his stuff and grabbed that, now came the fun part.

After grabbing the things they needed, sonic started messing with the baddies. First, he took a selfie with one of them using the baddies phone before grabbing a marker and writing all over their face, then he grabbed a bottle of ketchup from the fridge and started writing all over the soldiers helmets, and just in case they decided to shoot him, he emptied the ammo and threw them in the trash can, then he grabbed a spare camera and took a picture of them to save for later. After that, he grabbed a rope in the garage and put it in between the bad guys legs to trip them by tying one end to the fan and just for good measure, he gave a certain few baddies wedgies before grabbing the equipment, then sonic felt hungry and decided to grab something from the cabinet and found a bag of chips.

After he grabbed the chips and equipment he quickly headed out of the house and back to penny and bolts hiding spot before time sped back up." that was quick." Penny exclaimed, sonic simply counted down from three before they heard a large crash from in the house, along with various sounds of pain, causing the baddies on the outside to go in to investigate." what did you do?" she asked, but sonic only snickered." we should get going before they notice." he replied as he got his bag and started running, penny got her bag, hopped on her bike and followed him with bolt jumping into the basket.

" I think we lost them." Penny told them as she slowed down a bit, but sonic looked over his shoulder to see that the guys caught sight of them and got in the SUVs." uh I don't think so." sonic exclaimed as he started speeding up and bolt started barking at them." we can't lose em like this." sonic told penny, he then saw a rope and got an idea." I got it!" he exclaimed as he grabbed it, tied one end to himself and the other end to Penny's bike." sonic, what are you doing?" she asked him as he started to pull her along until they went 60 miles an hour." we just gotta leave the town so no one gets hurt!." he replied as he kept running, with penny holding on for dear life and bolt letting the wind touch his face.

After 20 minutes of running, sonic slowed down once they reached the freeway away from town, Penny was panting because of how difficult it was to hold on. Bolt had jumped out of the basket after they stopped and decided to sniff around, and sonic had untied the rope from himself and stretched his limbs. Then suddenly penny hit him lightly enough for him to get pain." ow! What was that for?" he asked as he rubbed his arm." that's for nearly killing us." she told him as she shook off the speed dizziness." hey, i saved us, we'd be captured if I hadn't done that." sonic explained as he checked his bag to make sure everything was in there.

Penny sighed as she checked her phone to see where they were, and it turned out they were heading towards San Francisco, and Penny had an idea." hey sonic, any chance you can run to san Francisco? My dad's job is there, maybe we can find out what happened." she asked, causing sonic to stop his stretching and have a really big smile." I always wanted to go there !" he exclaimed as he grabbed the rope and tied it to himself again.

Penny then realized something, they might be able to track her if she could make her calls, so she grabbed the sim card from her phone and threw it so they wouldn't track them." ok....next stop san Francisco, and go a bit slower this time." she told him as she and bolt got onto the bike. Sonic nodded and they headed to the big city.

After about 30 minutes of traveling, they finally made it to the city, sonic had grabbed a spare shirt and shades with a cap in hopes of hiding himself, thankfully no one spotted him." so, what are we looking for?" sonic asked

"Calico industries, it's my dad's workplace, maybe someone saw him." she explained as they rounded the corner and made it to a large building with the same green cat eye." Hey, I know that symbol." sonic exclaimed as he pulled out the camera and showed penny the baddies." hold on did you take my camera?!?" she asked in shock." that's not important, look!" he exclaimed as he pointed to the symbol." calico industries...took my dad?" she pondered." penny.... I think...whatever your dad did to your dog....whoever has him might try and create a superpowered being." sonic suggested as he took off his shades as penny kept thinking about what she just learned, sonic then looked up at the building." maybe if we get in we can see what they're really doing." sonic added as penny looked at the building.

"How do you suggest we--" she was about to ask until sonic ran off, penny sighed as sonic came back." there's a back entrance where they give and get deliveries, we could probably sneak in that way." sonic told her, Penny nodded." just one problem...we gotta sneak the dog in." he added, then penny got an idea." sonic, empty your bag." she told him, sonic hesitated but did so and emptied his bag into the basket, then penny grabbed the bag." here boy." she told her dog and bolt climbed into his bag, sonic then sighed and put the bag on his bag." you owe me...." he told her as penny zipped up the bag, he then put his shades back on and they both headed towards the building.