Act 5: escape from the city

After sneaking in, sonic and penny started making their way up to where her father's lab." so sonic...has breaking into a lab been part of your bucket list? Cuz you might wanna check it off." Penny told sonic, but he was only confused." What's a bucket list?" he asked, Penny then proceeded to tell him." uh...a bucket list is a list of things you wanna do before....you know....kicking the bucket." Penny told him, thinking he'd be upset, but then she looked at him and saw he was smiling." I never kicked a bucket, either!" sonic replied.'' I gotta make my list." he added as he tried looking for a pen and paper." focus, you can make it after we get out." she told him as they kept looking around and saw a section that had police tape over it"this has to be it." she said as she tried to open it.

Unfortunately it was locked." dang it....sonic....dont suppose you pick locks in your spare time?" she asked the hedgehog, who proceeded to pluck out one of his quills." try this." he replied as he gave it to her, then proceeded to bring bolt out of his bag to keep watch. After a few seconds, Penny got the door unlocked and opened it to reveal that the lab was trashed." eesh...your dad did not know how to keep it clean....and this is coming from me who lived in a cave." sonic commented as he looked around." my dads not this messy....someone ransacked the place." Penny replied as they both looked around, sonic then saw a notebook and looked inside to see it was empty." ok, here's some paper to make my list." sonic said happily as he held onto it, penny kept looking around until she saw what looked like an old tape recorder

Sonic saw it and walked over to her." find anything?" he asked as Penny grabbed the recorder and played it, thats when she heard her fathers voice.

"This is Richard Foresster, head of genetic engineering...it worked... by transferring the energy from the quill into Bolt....i managed to enhance his abilities...as well as give him new ones..." the recorder played, and sonics ear perked up when he said quill." QUILL?!?!" he exclaimed in shock, and penny quickly covered his mouth to make sure he stayed quiet." sonic, be quiet!!" she scolded." im sorry, but your dad had one of my quills! And your dog apparently has some of my dna in him!" sonic exclaimed.'' This is what longclaw was talking about, people are always after my powers, that's why I had to hide!" he exclaimed, starting to sound a bit more panicky. That's when Penny proceeded to slap him across the face, bringing him to his senses." sorry....you need to calm down though or else people will hear us." she explained as sonic rubbed the spot she hit him and looked around. Penny kept looking until she saw what looked like a box under the desk.

She opened the box and saw what looked like a pair of high tech binoculars along with a helmet and some kind compact scooter, along with another note, which read." for my daughter, in case anything happens to me, use this." Penny quickly put it in her bag and kept looking around. Bolt then started sniffing around for something, making penny curious." cmon sonic." she told the hedgehog as she grabbed the audio recorder and notepad, along with a set of walkie talkies and a letter that was meant for Penny he found on the desk.

After following Bolt, they started hearing some conversation as they got closer to what looked like a meeting room." penny, look, I know you're pretty determined about finding your dad but i'm not bulletproof, and i've seen enough movies to know you humans aren't either." sonic her, worried about running into soldiers or more of those egg drones. Penny then peeked around the corner to see if anyone was walking out, luckily no one was there. She then brought out the binoculars." maybe this can help." she told herself as she she pressed a button and a small mic appears, she then puts her eyes to it and sees that there was someone talking to two elder men on a screen, one being robotnik himself, and another man who looked to be a bit older, but the most distinct feature was that one of his eyes were more like a cats eye, all green with a small black line for the pupil.

"It's the guy with the egg drones." Penny told sonic as she gave sonic the binoculars." the eggman..." sonic replied as he smirked at the name, that was until he saw the man with the green eye." oh gosh...he should get that looked at." he added, he then saw a third screen pop up that showed penny's father strapped to a chair." uh penny, i think this is for you." he told his associate as he handed the binoculars to penny before she gasped. He then over heard the men talking.