Cast and Characters

Luke Hemmings as Troy Bolton, the most popular male student at East High School and the captain of the varsity basketball team.

BarbaraSieger5 as Gabriella Montez, a transfer student who joins the scholastic decathlon team and is attracted to Luke.

Calum Hood as Ryan Evans, a member of the drama club who aids his twin sister, Perrie, in sabotaging Becca's relationship with Luke.

Perrie Edwards as Sharpay Evans, an energetic and proud student with a love of theatre and being the center of attention—particularly Luke's who employs her twin brother, Calum, in her schemes.

Michael Clifford as Ms. Darbus, the stern drama teacher at East High who dislikes Mr. Hemmings, sports, and cell phones.

Connor Ball as Chad Danforth, Luke's best friend and member of the basketball team.

Ariana Grande as Taylor McKessie, captain of the school's scholastic decathlon team who shows Becca the ropes of East High.

Andrew Hemmings as Jack Bolton, Luke's father and the coach of the East High basketball team who believes that Becca is a distraction from Luke's basketball career.

Liam Payne as Zeke Baylor, a member of the basketball team who enjoys baking and admires Perrie.

Harry Styles as Kelsi Neilson, an underappreciated pianist and composer who is initially shy and subservient to Perrie.

Louis Tomlinson as Jason Cross, a member of the basketball team who tends to ask mundane questions in class.

Anne Irwin as Lisa Montez, Becca's mother, who job makes them subject to frequent relocation.

Simon Cowell as Principal Matsui, the principal of East High.

Liz Hemmings as Lucille Bolton, Luke's mother.

Selena Gomez as Ms. Tenny, the chemistry teacher at East High.

Jade Thirlwall as Martha Cox, a preppy brainiac who enjoys hip-hop.

Demi Lovato as Susan, a student who unsuccessfully auditions for the winter musical.

Tom Holland as Alan, a student who unsuccessfully auditions for the winter musical.

Liz Gillies as Cyndra, a student who unsuccessfully auditions for the winter musical.

Shawn Mendes as Skater Dude #1

Ashton Irwin as Skater Dude #2