Misconstrue [00]

She sank herself further into her seat while trying to block out the commotion that went on outside her office.

Why me? Why today of all days?

The pale woman placed the book which she had been reading down just as the door flew open and a pissed off white haired man waltzed in.

​"Mr. Ōtsutsuki get back here!" Her assistant yelled chasing after him.

​"It's okay Temari, you may leave," she responded, watching icy blue eyes shoot daggers at her assistant.

​"But..."

"It's okay," she smiled with eyes closed. Temari sighed, but nodded with understanding before closing the door on her way out.

​"Is she always that annoying?" Toneri asked once she was out the door.

​"I heard that!" The blonde shouted from outside causing her boss to giggle at their childish behaviour. She gestured for him to sit and he did just that but the expression on his face was not one of good humor. He looked tense and worried at the same time, like he needed help.

Her help...

​"What is it Toneri?" She asked wanting to get to the point. His somber mood was not one that she was fond of, but it must have been something important for him to risk being seen with her in broad daylight.

​"I need your help," he said.

​"I can see that," was her response as she got up and made her way to the coffee machine that was in her office. Raising a cup she locked eyes with him, "coffee?"

​"No thanks," he said tensing up even further which made her even more suspicious.

​"So what brings you here?" She asked, it wasn't every day that a halve is seen at an angel's office...or at least, that's what they wanted everyone to believe.

​"I need a favour," Toneri stated as he got to his feet. His blue eyes locked with her lavender ones which amounted to a small smile ghosting her lips as she stared up at him. She always felt a bit vulnerable around him, but in a good way.

​"Go on," she insisted noticing his fatigue.

​He bit his bottom lip, "you heard of the recent sentencing?" The pale woman nodded in acknowledgement. She had heard her younger sister talking about it.

​"Uzumaki, was the name?" She asked just to be sure.

​Toneri nodded which she did in return. "Well he was—is my friend."

​The lavender eyed beauty raised an eyebrow at his statement. "You? Involved with a demon?" She asked with disbelief. The infamous Naruto Uzumaki was not a man of morality from what she'd heard. He was a liar and a snake in every sense of the word. He stole innocent souls like all demons do; he wreaked havoc on towns and cities. That's why he was damned to the very pits of hell.

​"He's not a bad guy....okay maybe he is. But that's not the point," Toneri spoke in his defense.

​"It isn't?" She shot back. He shook his head causing her to sigh. "Okay so where do I come in?"

​"I want you to judge him," he said casually.

​"But he's already been judged," She responded stating the obvious.

​"Unfairly," he added.

​The young angel scoffed and filled her cup with coffee, "I doubt that."

​"Come on," he insisted as he placed both hands on the counter, pining her dangerously close to the coffee maker.

​"You do realize that my verdict will be the same as the council?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

In all her almost six years of judging men, she'd never come across one that was innocent. It was just the way things were and as her sister always said, 'No man is innocent, even a baby, who is innocent until he learns how to speak.' And the more cases she took, the more those words rang out. No man was innocent, especially not a demon.

​Toneri shook his head, "I'm telling you Hinata, he's innocent."

​The Hyūga scoffed and looked at her coffee, "I'll be the judge of that."

She talked with Toneri for a bit longer, once he left she asked Temari to gather information on her next case. In less than half an hour there was a file on her desk. She opened it slowly and flipped through the pages. Hinata bit her bottom lip and looked up from the document then muttered to herself , "Naruto Uzumaki."