Capture the Flag

After everyone finished their breakfast, they all went around accomplishing their assigned tasks. All the children had their own jobs to do. For some, it was laundry, others, cooking. The older kids were usually in charge of hunting, or keeping a look out for demons.

Throughout the day, everyone was kept busy doing their jobs, at times stopping to take a break and eat something.

At around 3pm, they all gathered in a big clearing in the forest to do their daily training. Ray, Norman, and Emma would plan the training sessions, and Gilda and Don would help put them into action. Today, the older kids had a special session planned.

When all the children were gathered, Ray steps up. "Today, we are going to split into teams and play capture the flag. Your team leader will lay out a plan for your team, and all the members will do their best to execute it. We want all of you to practice the skills you've learned in this lesson, that includes your skills with weapons. No guns will be allowed, but any other weapons you can find you may use. Also, try not to kill each other. The first team to capture the opponents flag wins. Don and Gilda will be the team leaders. Don, you'll be leading the red team. Gilda, your blue. You'll both take turns choosing one member at a time until everyone has a team. Understood?"

Everyone nods their heads.

Ray gives a quick glance at everyone, then nods. "Alright, then lets begin."

There was an odd number of kids, so they all decided that Norman would be the referee, and take care of any kids that might get hurt during the game.

Don goes first, and chooses Ray.

"No surprise there", everyone thinks with a slight smile.

Everyone knew that Don looked up to Ray, even more so when he found out that Ray was a spy. He valued Ray's input, and idolized him. All the kids did, because they all knew how strong Ray was.

But they didn't even know the half of it....

Once all the kids had their designated teams, the two teams split up to opposite sides of the clearing, their respective flags in plain sight.

The team leaders were given five minutes to come up with a plan and relay it to their teams before the game started. Gilda had Emma to help her plan, but Don had Ray. Emma was physically stronger than Ray, but everyone knew that Ray was the finest tactician of any of the kids. After only two minutes of planning, Don and Ray were already telling their team the plan.

Finally, after the five minutes were up, Norman gave the signal to start the game.

It was a close game to say the least. Don and Ray's plan went off without a hitch, but the other team put up quite the fight. Even though the blue teams tactical plan was lacking, they made up for it with their physical skills. Nearly half of the red teams members had come out with bruises and scratches, never the less, they still won.

Ray was never one to rub a victory in someone's face, but he didn't have to. Don did it for him.

Normans POV

The game was really intense.

Even though the red team had a great plan, (mostly due to Ray), the blue team still almost won with sheer brute strength. Although, they did have Emma, known for her physical capabilities. At one point, she literally did a front flip over Don to get to the flag! Ray tackled her before she could get to it, though, it was a pretty close call.

It amazes me how everyone has changed in these past few years. All the kids have grown so much, physically and mentally. When I was still with the demons, I worried so much over my siblings. Whether they would all make it or not.

Mostly, I was worried about Ray.

All his life he's known about the demons, and he spent his whole childhood preparing for us to escape. He dealt with all of it, alone. In the end, he was even going to die to provide us with a distraction to escape. Ray is just....so amazing.

So, I set up a plan so that Ray wouldn't die, and would hopefully find something to live for, and he did. He's here right now, playing with all our siblings and helping them develop their skills so that they can live together.

However, I know Ray still has secrets.

I was awake when he suddenly woke up the other night. He hasn't been sleeping well lately, and I keep getting this eerie feeling. He looks like he's been thinking deeply about something lately, I just hope he tells us before it hurts him.

Emma's POV

"AGHHH! I CAN'T BELIEVE WE LOST!!! DARN YOU RAY!"

Ray just smiles smugly at me.

"Emma, it's okay, we will just have to come up with a better plan next time", Gilda says.

"YEAH!"

I turn and point at Ray, "WE'RE GOING TO BEAT YOU NEXT TIME, RAY!"

Ray smiles and scoffs, "okay, Emma."

Hey guys! I know this chapter didn't seem like it had much important stuff going on, but don't worry, the good stuff is coming soon! Just hang tight guys! Oh, and thanks for reading!