Chapter 17:The Suspicion

POV Alessandra Siciliano

I let out a loud yawn whilst stretching my arms, welcoming a new day. For some reason I had a smile on my face, it was rare to see ever since I had returned from the Nikolaev mansion.

"Good morning my little baby." I whispered whilst rubbing my flat stomach, I was awaiting the day where I would see a bump even if it was a small one. Throwing the duvet off me, I climbed off my bed and grabbed the clothes I had laid out for today before entering my en-suite bathroom.

I did not bother with makeup but I braided my hair and looked at myself in the mirror before I felt satisfied at how I looked, I did not know why I was dressing up so much. There was no one to impress...not a married man who I was in love with, and the father of my unborn child.

"I believe you look beautiful." I jumped startled by his voice, turning around I stared at him. He leaned against the wall near the door, his arms crossed under his chest while a smirk remained on his lips.
"Mr Nikolaev I believe this is my room, what are you doing here?" I questioned with my eyebrows arched, he laughed and stood up from his leaning posture and approached me.

"Well I came to let you know that breakfast has been served, I knocked but there was no answer so I let myself in." He spoke I rolled my eyes and was about to walk around him when he grabbed my arms and pulled me back to him. I froze at his action.
"We should talk about you rolling your eyes at me." He whispered, it was so husky like how he would talk before when he thought I was...ALESSIA.

"This is inappropriate Mr Nikolaev, thank you for letting me know I will be done in a second you may leave." I spoke, I distracted my self by strapping my flat sandals.

"Goodbye." He called which made me smile and turn to face him.
"Don't say goodbye day see you later." I froze once I completed, realising I used his own words to him. He seemed to have catched on to it because he approached me and once again grabbed my arm and pulled me too him.

"I am beginning to have thoughts, and I hope they are wrong. Sweet Alessandra, because it will not end well." With that he pulled away and disappeared out of the door leaving me frozen with my heart beating rapidly.

He was suspecting me,Alessia...us.

I cleared my throat and controlled my emotions, he was playing with them. If he had suspicion then I needed to get rid of them, he needed to leave before he finds out.

As I entered the dining room, i instantly heart voices chatting. Happiness had filled the room, I took a seat beside my sister which just happened to be in front of Petrov.

"Here have some sausage." Father spoke handing me a bowl filled with mini sausage, I grabbed a few and placed it on my plate before placing the bowl back on the table.
"I have some news which I want to tell everyone." It was Alessia who spoke, she had her fake cherry smile plastered on her face.

I watched Petrov place his fork down and lean back listening to what his wife had to say.

"I have kept this hidden for a while, specially from Petrov." Alessia spoke, this made Petrov sit up and look at Alessia with narrowed eyes.
"What is it?" Asked Petrov he Intensely stared at Alessia awaiting for an response.

"I'm pregnant." Claps filled the room, and I watched Petrov freeze before a wide smile appear on his face. He stood up and approached his wife hugging her and spinning her around, if only he knew that it was not his child and that I was carrying his child.

My gaze went to my father who stared at me sympathetically, he placed his palm on my hand and gave it a squeeze.

"This news deserves a party." Petrov announced, everyone settled on the table cheered in agreement.
"However, the party will be back at my place." He completed everyone agreed with him except me, I could not go back to the house which I had left with such heavy heart, the house I had began to call my own.

I stood up approaching my sister, she stared at me with uneasiness I placed my hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

"Congratulations." I spoke before pulling my hand away from her, she looked down as if ashamed but I did not wait to see. My appetite had gone so I decided to visit the garden.

I walked pass the crowd of flowers, it was my mother's favourite place before she had died. Father had recruited the best gardener to keep the plants alive, no one was free to always take care of the garden and it was the reminder of our mother.

"I wanted to apologies."I stopped walking as I heard his voice, I turned around a plastered a smile on my lips.
"For what?" I asked, he walked closer which instantly made me clench the skirt of my dress.
"For what I said earlier, it was totally unnecessary and I was going through a lot I hope you accept my apology." He spoke I arched my eye brows realising he was unable to say the word 'sorry', typical Mafia men.

"You mean to say sorry, well Mr Petrov Nikolaev I accept you Apology." I spoke using his own term of saying sorry, he smiled which made me freeze I had never seen him smile since he came here it made me feel happy that I had made him smile whilst being Alessandra and not Alessia.

"I have a question? It is a bit person so it is up to you if you want to answer it or not." He spoke which made me narrow my eyes in curiosity.
"Go on." I urged him to continue I wanted to know what he wanted to ask, and if it was a question I did not like then I was allowed to not answer it.

"Who's the father of you unborn child?"