Chapter 1

Written for HPSlashAddict!

I do hope it's alright!

Disclaimer:I don't own the characters of Harry Potter or the Avengers. The song which inspired and is featuring in this story is 'Story of my life' sung by One Direction, released on 29 October 2013 by Syco Music and Columbia Records, written by Julian Bunetta, Jamie Scott, One Direction and John Ryan. I claim no rights to anything!

Warning!

This one-shot centers on Bruce and Harry, and holds explicit content! If you are in any way bothered by it, or you're underage (you shouldn't even be here if you are), please continue on your own discretion!

I won't be held responsible for offending anyone since you've been warned!

Enjoy!

cut

Bruce took a deep breath once he closed the door of his car and turned around to take in his surroundings. The sky was clear and the sun shone brightly. The light breeze which danced through the trees was like a gentle, refreshing caress in the heat of that easy mid-August Friday. He looked at the small house in front of which he parked his car and his smile turned nostalgic.

It wasn't a big house. Just a single floor and an attic which was redecorated into a master bedroom shortly after the house had been bought. The outside was white, and on either side of the wooden front door painted dark brown were two windows with blue windowpanes. Following the small stone path that led from the entrance to the front yard to the front door were flowerbeds with blooming white lilies. To the right was a small, round wooden arbor, surrounded by different flower bushes. To the left was a small fountain, equally surrounded by flowers.

Bruce swallowed with slight difficulties as he stepped onto the stone path leading to the entrance of the house. He buried his hands in the pockets of his light jacket to try stopping them from shaking making his way forward, but for some reason he couldn't. He hesitated on the small step in front of the door, steeled his shoulders and nodded for himself before he took that last step and raised his right hand to knock on the door. He knocked three times sharply and stepped back.

His nervous smile turned into a confused frown when he received no answer. This time he rang the doorbell, thinking that maybe the owner of this small haven was up in the master bedroom. When no answer came, he sunk into thought searching for that newly formed connection with Hulk to try and hear for any movements in the house. When he heard none he took a deep breath and dug out a small key from a pocket. He looked at the key and then at the door.

Did he dare hope that the key would fit? That the lock on the door hadn't been changed?

He almost turned around and ran to his car, but a rumble in his mind stopped him.

He turned on his heel and looked at the door again. With a deep breath he walked over to it and pushed the key inside the lock. His right hand shook as he turned the key and he felt like someone kicked the air out of him when he heard the familiar sound of the lock clicking open. He opened the door and walked in slowly, breathing in the familiar scents which somehow remained the same even after him not walking those halls for almost 3 years.

He looked to the right at the entrance to the kitchen. It was just like he remembered it; pristine clean with a tea-pot sitting on the isle-counter. To the right of the hallway was the living room and Bruce frowned a bit when he saw a wool-blanket haphazardly thrown over the backrest of the couch and a book lying open on the tea table in front of it.

"Harry?" he called out carefully as he stepped further inside. He walked into the kitchen and straight through it to the dining room to find it empty. He returned to the hallway and walked past the stairs leading to the attic to check the bathroom and the small office between the bathroom and the living room.